Chapter 1

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! 

The alarm clock rang off. I shot up startled. I looked around. I was still in my room and safe. I looked over my body and did a daily check/scan. On a couple of occasions I had woken up with weird scratches, scabs, and cuts on my body (Folks that really did happen to me in real life. ~MsElijahWood) I searched over and saw nothing there. I sighed, after the terrible run in with the spirit in the house, I was scared to go back in. 

Today was Sunday and one last day until the crew started to arrive. Today was the day that actually flew by fast. In no time I was back in the bed, waiting for the next day to come. I fell asleep and had pleasant dreams. 

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

It was like deja vu. The alarm clock went off and I woke up. I woke up with surprise and anxiety. The GAC was coming over along with my "uncle" Aaron. I looked out the window quickly. Their van had not pulled up yet, so I was in the clear zone. I was safe. But I was hungry for food. My stomach growled and I threw the covers and blankets off of me. My feet hit the ground and I could feel a cold sensation running up and down my legs. I dismissed it and continued out of my room and down into the kitchen. I was the only one in there at the time. So I got my breakfast and left the room. I had made a bowl of cereal. I sat in the living room and began to eat. I stared out at the beach, longingly. Maybe today, before they come, I could fit in a quick swim down there? As i pondered that thought, I heard someone walking on the stairway. My head snapped back to see what it was. Nothing came down, but the noise stopped. So I returned to my food.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!" My mom, dad, and brother all surprised me from behind. Since I had just encountered the noise on the steps and thought it was a ghost, I jumped high off my chair. Then I realized that it was just my family. I got off the chair and stood by it. 

"Thank you! You guys scared me though..." I laughed nervously.

"That's what we were going for." Joe told me. 

"Happy birthday, my baby girl!" My mom, like usual called me her baby girl and came up to hug me. I hugged her and looked past  at my dad who was holding a birthday bag. 

"What's that?" I asked. My mom pulled off of me from the hug and crossed her arms.

"Oh, it's nothing big. Just a little something. Go ahead, open it." She suggested. I looked at everyone and slowly took the bag from my dad. I set it on the table and slowly took the paper out of the bag. I reached in and pulled out a piece of fabric. It was yellow and looked like a short sundress. But when I examined it closer, it looked like a swimsuit cover/dress. it was yellow to match my swimsuit. The dress was a-symetrical, only covering one shoulder. It was soft too. 

"Oh! It's so pretty!" I squealed with pure delight at it. 

"You can wear it over your swimsuit and as a dress. And I thought that you might have wanted to go to the beach today before Aaron, Nick and Zak arrive." My mom suggested. It sounded like fun, so I took the offer, before my mom took it back. 

"Yeah! I'd love to. What time is it?" I asked, searching for a clock that I could see easily. 

"It is..." My mom pulled out her phone and looked it at, "9. You have to be back by 12 though. Okay?" My mom asked. 3 hours in the beach sounded fine to me. 

"Yeah! Thank you! I promise I'll be back." I smiled and took the yellow dress upstairs to my room. I turned around and locked it. Then I began to take clothes off and putting the yellow and white polka dotted string bikini on. Then I pulled the yellow, one-shouldered dress on and slipped into flip flops. Then I went to my laundry basket to find my towel. I dug through a weeks worth of clothes just to reach the towel. When I found it, I yanked it out and stuffed it into a bag that was sitting near the basket. I kept that bag as my beach bag. It had a snorkel, flippers, and wrist and ankle attachments for my surfboard. I didn't surf frequently, but when I did, I always had a lot of fun.