Chapter 17 ~ Long Time No Kill

Start from the beginning

"Yay! I've always wanted to get out of here and explore." I squeal, and sit down to eat my breakfast. I eat it quickly, but my throat is burning with every swallow but I don't say anything.

After eating, I head upstairs to pack. Only then realizing, that since my recent growth spurt or whatever you want to call it, there is nothing for me to pack!

A few minutes later my father appears at the doorway, and I smile up at him. His face shows happiness but his eyes are still strong and showing nothing in them. "Were leaving now. Rebekah whipped up some outfits earlier today to pack, so your all good to go." He says before leaving, and I quickly follow him, and Uncle Elijah rides with my father while mom, Auntie Bex, and myself ride in Rebekah's car. 

After a while I fall asleep, leaving behind a complicated world. Just when my dream is getting to the good part, I feel a soft nudge on my shoulder, causing my blue eyes flutter open. "What is it?"

"Were here, wake up." My mom says, and I instantly become alert and aware.

"Where's here exactly?" My mom smirks at my question, and climbs out of the car before helping me out as well.

"Mystic Falls. The supernatural hot spot, and the worst damn city in the world." She scoffs, and leads me into the house. It is huge, and well kept which surprises me because it has been so long since anyone has been here. At least that's what Uncle Elijah says. 

By the time we get inside most of the bags are already in the designated rooms, with special thanks to the freshly compelled maid. After a few minutes of trying to navigate through the large house, I finally find the room I'm supposed to be in.

It is beautiful; A large king sized bed sits against the wall, with beautiful quilts and such on it. A medium size fancy oak dresser leans on the opposite wall, with shiny wood floors, and a little carpet with a bed stand beside the bed.

I smile before climbing onto the bed, smiling widely. My bags arrive, and after I am done unpacking there is a soft knock on the door. Turning, I see Aunt Rebekah smiling at me and I smile back. 

"Hey there kiddo! I know it's almost 7:00, but if your hungry most of us are going down to the Mystic Grill to say hello to some... Acquaintances." Just then I realize that my stomach is growling, and I vigorously nod my head. 

"Sounds great to me, I'm starving." With a big smile, I follow her downstairs and towards the car. The only other person going is my father and Aunt Rebekah. "Why isn't Uncle Elijah coming?" I ask, before clearing my burning throat. 

"He is going to catch up with some old friends of his." She says, and we climb in before driving down to the Mystic Grill.

-------------------------------------------------------

Once we arrive we walk inside. By the look on my father's face it hasn't really changed that much, and I notice that he is fixating on a table where a perky blonde and some others are sitting. "Who's that?" I ask him, and he smirks. 

"An old friend, and the very helpful Bennett witch. Follow me, and don't say anything until after I explain the situations." He says, and heads towards the table with us in tow. I feel my mom take my hand, and suddenly I suddenly feel nervous and afraid.

I hold my head up high though, while my dad heads to the table and exchanges pleasantries. A brown haired girl looks up at my father in a disgusted way, and I can hear her mumble something sarcastically. We reach the table, and my dad smirks at the brown haired girl.

"I hope you all remember Hayley, and my sister Rebekah."

The brown haired girl snorts, "Sadly, yes,"