Midnight Surprise

Ginny is still carefully watching Ron when all of a sudden he bolts up and starts screaming, "Hermione! Bloody hell! What have I done?!" Ginny lightly pushes him back to a lying position and slightly calms him by saying, "shh." Ron still continues on about Hermione, but quieter, "What have I done? She'll be so mad at me, or did she like it? Bloody hell!" Ginny takes one of his hands and starts rubbing circles on it with her thumb to soothe him. "What is it Ron? What's wrong?" She asks. Ron's voice goes back to normal as he responds, "I had sex with Hermione, she's mad at me, isn't she?" "What are you talking about? You never had sex with her," Ginny replies, confused. "You wouldn't know, would you? It was in private!" Ron answers, raising his voice. "Shh, okay, okay, I get it, but I still can't answer that question, maybe I better get Hermione to come down here," she says. "Yes, yes, I need to talk to her about it anyway," Ron says, strangely in a calm way. "Hermione!" Ginny yells. There's silence for a short while afterwards but eventually footsteps are heard coming down the stairs. "What?" A groggily voice asks as Hermione appears in the living room. "Ron has some... um... news," Ginny says awkwardly, looking back and forth between Ron and Hermione. "Okay..." Hermione says suspiciously as she approaches Ron and sits down next to the sofa. "Ron, go on," Ginny urges him. Ron tugs on Hermione's shirt as he mutters, "I'm so sorry, please don't be mad at me." Hermione pulls Ron's hand from her shirt as she responds, "Sorry about what Ron?" "I'm sorry for having sex with you!" He almost yells. Hermione gives Ginny a confused glare. Ginny shrugs, showing that she is just as confused. "Ron, you never had sex with me," Hermione says. Ron shoots her a confused glare. "I didn't?" He asks. "No, you didn't," she responds. "But... but... it seemed so real, are you sure?" He replies. "Yes, I'm sure, are you sure you weren't dreaming?" She asks in response. A look of realization crosses his face as he mumbles, "ohhhh." Ginny giggles. "Don't laugh at me!" Ron yells at her. Ginny hushes. "This is awkward, I'm sorry Hermione," he says, taking a strand of her hair and twirling it in between his thumb and index finger. "It's okay," Hermione says, giving him a sympathetic look. "And then she finally realizes that it's Ron she loves," Ginny announces. Hermione quickly turns around to give Ginny an evil glare. "Don't make me slap you again," she snaps at her. Ginny puts her hands up in surrender. "Okay, okay, blimey, sorry, only a joke," she mumbles, slowly stepping backwards. Hermione suddenly bursts out laughing. "You're so funny when you're scared!" She exclaims. "Yeah, haha," Ginny says sarcastically. While Hermione is having a laughing fit Ginny takes the chance and sneaks upstairs to find Harry.