Chapter Seven

Hi my lovelies, sorry, I hate to be a nuisance, but may I ask you something? If it isn't too much hassle, I beg you to drop me a comment and tell me what you think - good or bad, what to improve. If you hate it? Tell me! If you like it, tell me! I would really appreciate knowing what I'm doing right/wrong.

Brandon's Point of view

She waddled from the car to the front door and I took in how pregnant she looked. Her bump stretched as much as it could and her shirt looked like she held a large watermelon under it. It was cute. Was I bias about the bump because they were my children too? Could I tell her that? No, she'll find out soon enough when she stays with us. Twins. Alfie and Ava. I'm a dad. Nothing surprised me more than Lily asking me to pretend to be the father, It gave me the perfect cover to say about me being a father figure.

As soon as the door opened, I felt it. The warm blistering heat and the powerful smell of vodka hit me and I felt like retching, Lily however didn't notice and continued to where her mother was sitting, still slightly drunk.

She didn't hold back and went straight for the kill, my girl."Mum, I have something to tell you." Her voice shook violently with each word. She was stuck, unable to say more as her mothers eyes pierced into her own.  You're here for a reason, Brandon. Support the mother of your children. I slide my arm around her and pulled her into me.

"Yes, Mrs Pearce, we have fantastic news."  My tone was jovial, and I tried to ignore the look of fury on her face. "Don't panic. I've got this." I whispered under my breath to Lily. "You're going to be a grandma. We're pregnant, and as if that wasn't  the best thing you've heard all year, it's twins!"

Lily shook and I tried to steady her with the one arm I had wrapped around her.

"Get out." Her voice only slurred very slightly, but rung with total clarity. "Get out, and don't come back. I knew you were out being a little slut, now look at you. Seventeen, fat, pregnant with twins." Suddenly she was laughing with malice, "You're never going to last." My blood was instantly boiling.

"My family will be fine. We will  be afloat, we will be healthy and happy. We will all have somewhere to lay our  head, and we will have love. We wont have to cry ourselves to sleep every  night with a bottle of the strongest alcohol money can buy in our hands." Furious, but quiet. I terrified her. "And, until you stop drinking, you wont see or hear about these children, do you hear me?"

"Get out." Her voice trembled and she slurred.

Lily was now shaking quietly, tears flooding her face. "Come and show me what you need, we're leaving right now." My voice was soft with her. I didn't understand it, she was beautiful, yet nothing special. No Evangeline. Also, she grated on my nerves something shocking, but being around her was so enjoyable. I didn't understand it.

Her room was large but she was right, she didn't have an awful lot, except books. "There's a suitcase, in the next room." She said quietly, trying to contain herself. I went in and lifted it, brought it back and she was sitting numbly on the edge of her bed.

I began lifting things she had unpacked - her hairbrush, some clothes, as many books as seemed possible and she watched me with curious, teary eyes. Yet we didn't speak. Every time something smashed or fell downstairs, which seemed quite often, she readied herself to jump but I just eyed her and the bump quietly and she would relax herself back onto the bed again. I lead her, by the elbow, back to the car and one she was belted in, I went back to the house to bring the suitcase down to the car, but obstructing the top of the hall was Lily's mother. The malice in her eyes, startled me.