23

I wanted to finish my other book before carrying on with this, but seeing as that is taking too long, I thought I'd carry on writing this along side it. :)

It's hard to be writing two completely different books at the same time lol. And reading the horrific writing and spelling at the start of this book makes me want to die.

But I love this story too much not to carry on with it ASAP

I limped my way into the forest, falling behind Aspen slightly due to my lack of working limbs.

Aspen swished his tail anxiously, he ignored any protesting whines from pack members when they saw me. As did I, I felt no need to act with pride anymore. I was dragging chains behind me with a muzzle strapped to my face. There was no pride left.
I just plodded along, driven by my curiosity.

I nearly bumped into Aspen when he stopped, he had frozen infront of the bloody scene.

There were a few wolves and human forms being treated, and some were dead.

Ashley! Tell me what happened. Aspen ran over to him in the centre of the clearing.

I stayed behind, more interested in the bodies. I walked through the scene, avoiding stepping on the blood or limbs.

I stopped still at a wolf body. It was young, no bigger than my head. In fact, I'm pretty sure it was that pup from the other day. It had deep claw marks on its side, which must have been enough for the small thing to lose its life.

I sighed and sat down, staring at it.

"You said we'd beaten the rogues!"

"Monsters!"

Some of the pack members piped up, and I pricked my ears.

This wasn't rogues, I know it.

It..it can't be...we..  Aspen seemed confused and worried as some wolves started glaring at me.

A great wail suddenly broke out and I jumped up as a lady ran over to my feet. She fell down into the bloody mud and held the pup in her hands.

"My baby!!!" She screeched making me angle my ears backwards and step away.

We need justice! He's standing right there! Mocking us! A wolf growled and I stayed silent as she approached me.

"Your demon scum followers did this!" An angry older man shouted.

These were no rogues. I said simply before sighing from the effort that it took.

"Liar!" Someone else challenged as they circled me.

Aspen stood there seeming torn between a private conversation with his subordinates and approaching this gathering.

"AAGH!" The lady on floor yelled as she leaped towards me and shifted. Her teeth clamped down on my side and broke the skin.

I tried to push her off slightly but she growled and pushed with her paws to try and rip my skin.

I will avenge my son! She wailed and growled in fury before letting go and reaching for my neck. I moved out of the way meekly and she snarled before leaping again.

A few wolves around her made shouts of aggression before joining her in her attack.

I growled a warning at them as they bit and scratched at me in a gang, before suddenly wailing in pain when one grabbed my injured leg.

The feeling of injuring a raw wound was something I hadn't experienced before, due to my healing abilities, and I whimpered and howled from the excruciating pain.