Harry's face drops completely. "No, no," he whispers. "I didn't know, I don't do drugs. I didn't know how much is too much or how much is normal. I trusted her. I didn't think she would do enough to fucking overdose..."

Harry's voice breaks as he tries to keep talking, but a sob takes its place. My numb heart shatters into a million pieces and I'm thrown back into the guilt of overdose that I felt only days earlier with Josh. I'm putting Harry through this stress and he doesn't need it. He already deals with tiptoeing around me sexually.

God, I was right in the first place. I don't deserve Harry. Harry deserves better than me. He doesn't need this stress that I constantly carry on my shoulders.

This time, it isn't just my anger saying that. I understand that the first time I told myself that, it was the truth, only becoming prominent in the surge of emotions after our fight. It's how I feel. I honest to God do not deserve to be with Harry whatsoever, but he's blinded by me for some stupid God-damned reason. He just needs someone to open his eyes for him.

Maybe this new tour coming up will help him see clearly. He just needs some fresh air from this exhausted city of Toronto to refresh his brain.

It's not like I'll be following him around the world anyway.

-

I want to say that it felt like forever that I was in a coma, because the ride in the ambulance was, but the remainder of it was like sleep. I lost my consciousness completely before we arrived at the hospital. I freaked out when I couldn't hear Harry's voice anymore, but that subsided quickly. My hearing went as fast as my head did.

I awoke to the familiar sound of my heart monitor beeping in the background. And, of course, Dr. Sapri was glaring down at me as if she expected me to wake up beneath her gaze. Harry sat next to me, hand entwined in mine, praying.

"You don't learn, do you."

Harry's head snaps up, eyes flying open before I have the chance to respond.

"What?" He asks. His eyes stare in confusion at the female doctor before me.

"I'm not talking to you," she says nicely.

"Oh, hey. Now we're all insane in here. Might as well put a sign out on the door that reads ASYLUM because now even the doctors are losing their sanity!" Harry exclaims.

"She's-" My voice is harsh, and I cough to clear my throat. "She's talking to me, Harry."

I don't know what I expected but a bit of shock runs through me as Harry throws his arms around my torso and pulls himself to me.

"Aubrey," he breathes. "Oh, my God."

"Hi Harry," I say quietly. My left hand lifts into the air, IV moving with it, and moves to his muscular back. My fingers kneed up and down slowly as he sheds a few tears into my green hospital gown. I can feel the warmth of his skull through his silky curls.

"You never answered me," Dr. Sapri tuts. "Will you ever learn?"

"What do you mean?" Harry asks from my chest.

"Harry, this wasn't the first time-"

"No, let me tell him," I breathe. "Please."

Safe Haven ↠ h.sजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें