Chapter Twelve

I feel absolutely weightless in this moment. I can feel my body drifting softly between worlds, between realities. It's so serenely perfect, so peaceful. I would live here forever.

All happy thoughts surround me. My mind drifts back to the first time my youngest sister, Kayla, was born. I remember holding her tiny, frail body in my arms, with my father behind me and his hand on my shoulder. He was proud.

And my mother was proud, too. Her entire being radiated pure bliss. In that moment, she was the definition of joy. It was then that I realized I wanted to have children of my own, and that I wanted to feel the entirety of it all. Feel the extreme happiness. And somehow, that emotion was radiating through me right now.

I'm so entirely happy, so content with my being. I am floating through nothingness and all I can do is be happy. You'd think it be frustrating, not being able to feel anything but positive. But it truly is amazing. I would give anything to feel like this again.

It was then, when I was floating towards a glowing ball of energy, that a sharp touch of pain attacked me. I couldn't pinpoint where exactly it hit me, but I definitely felt it. And that's when I no longer wanted to be in that aura of pure bliss. This pain did not mix with joy, no, not at all. It was horrid. I was smiling, but my body was spurting with negative energy. Positivity and negativity were having a war inside, and it was killing me.

Make it stop!

The pain came again, this time targeting my right leg. And then, my face. And I couldn't do anything. Little bits of negativity hit me, spread quickly by touch, and nothing could relieve it. In that moment, I was helpless, again.

There came a time when I was feeling pure bliss again. Positivity raged in me, and it pushed me towards the ball of energy. You'd think the light would blind me, but it didn't. It just comforted me more. I was dragged closer and closer to it, nearly able to touch it.

I'm almost there. I can almost touch it.

Almost there. I nearly have it...

And then it was gone.

I was gone.

The world, the aura of peace. Gone. Destroyed. Non-existent.

I blink hard three times, and a hollow pain in my chest begins to grow larger. I open my eyes and stare ahead. A large overhead light shines too brightly, temporarily blinding me. Then, I look around at my surroundings. I try to speak but my mouth won't move.

Why can't I speak?

I try to lift my head, or anything, any part of my body, to no avail. I can't do anything. I can't move anything.

GAH!

"Shh, shh..." Harry's voice repeats in my mind.

Harry?!

Harry!

Help me!

I struggle more and more, but that only worsens the pain.

"What's happening to her?!" I hear someone yell.