Chapter 5

----Reader----
Before you went to sleep, you were reading your favourite book. Your bed lamp was on to give you light. You read a few pages and then yawned. You put a bookmark on the page where you ended and when were you about to put it on the nightstand you heard rustling of leaves and creacking of trees outside.

You halted your movements for a few seconds and looked out of the window over your shoulder. You put the book down and took a flashlight out of the drawer. You got up and walked over to the window and opened it.

You peeked out and turned on the flashlight. But there was nothing there. You looked around to find at least something but nothing only a few small braches that fell. "Maybe I just imagined something." You said, turned off the flashlight and closed the window.

You put the flashlight into the drawer again and layed back down into the bed and turned off the bed lamp. As you covered yourself with sheets, you couldn't shake that feeling that someone or something was watching you.

----The Next Morning-----
When the alarm went off you woke up with a groan, some part of your body extremely sore. You turned off the alarm and and sat up.

You stretched and yawned, getting out of the bed. You lazily got into the kitchen making yourself breakfeast and morning (coffee, tea, etc.). When you had your breakfeast, you stood up and moved into the bathroom.

While you were brushing your teeth, you looked into the mirror and completely froze. There, on your collar bones, were bruises. And big ones. And that was the reason you felt so sore on that certain place.

You quickly cleaned up yourself and put a make-up on the bruises, dressed yourself and took your bag.

When you walked out of the building, Sam was alredy waiting. You walked up to him with a smile, which faded when you saw his worried expression. "Sam? What is it? Something happened?" Sam gently took your upper arm and led you to the back of the building where a lots of trees were growing.

When you saw it, you gasped because of shock. The tall trees that were standing tall, now were tilted, nearly reversed. The small tree branches you saw yestarday, were actually large branches. As you were looking over the scene Sam spoke. "I remember that those trees were covering the view into your window, in or out. Now look." Sam pointed towards your window and you shivered. Now everyone could see there.

On the way to library you were discussing who could've done that but you couldn't reach a conclusion. Sam parked in front of the library and you got in.

You and Sam were cleaning out aisles and sorting out books. You engaged in another conversation to calm yourselves down.

Time passed and it was time for lunch. You two sat on opposite side of each other and you were lost deep in thoughts. "Y/n?" You looked at Sam snapping from your thoughts. "Can I? Can I tell you something?" Sam looked you in the eye. "Sure." You put your lunch down, signaling that you were one ear. "Before I went to sleep.... I heard... rustling of leaves and creaking and snapping of tree branches and tree trunks. And.... when I looked out of the window.... two blue orbs were looking at me."

Your eyes widened. "Did it see you?" You asked worried and then you felt a bit of relief when Sam shook his head. "No, I don't think so. I had all of my lights turned off and I crawled into the shower where are no windows." Sam sighed. "But it still creeped me out."

You nodded. "I believe so." Then an idea struck you. "Today, you are going to sleep with me in my apartment. Whatever it was, might come back and we are not going to risk it." Sam smiled a little. "Ok. If you say so."

The lunch break was over and both of you returned to sorting out books and again you engaged in a conversation. Time flew by and Peter with Carla came to start their shifts and end yours.

Both of you got into Sam's car and he started the engine and drove towards his house. You were looking out of the window and again you got lost in thoughts.

Sam stopped the car in front of his house and let the engine keep running. "I'll be right back." Said Sam and he exited the car. "Sure." You said watching him leave. Then your heart stopped. On the left side of Sam's house were trees that were covering a view trough his window into his bedroom. Now they were not and you realised that the scenery looked exactly the same.

It didn't take even five minutes for Sam to return with a bag. He put it on a back seat and then got into the drivers seat. "Let's drive." He said and you smiled.

----Apartmen building----
You let Sam into your apartment and as you shut your door closed you set on preparing a spare bed. Sam set his bag next to the spare bed and layed on it.

You went into the bathroom to take a quick shower. The make-up was washed away with water and when you got out and dryed yourself you applied a new make-up on your collarbones. You changed into your pajama and walked out of the bathroom.

Sam alredy changed into his own pajama and you layed down into your bed, keeping the bed lamp still turned on. You were talking softly between each other because both of you were tired and stressed out because of the events that happened. Both of you told goodnights to each other and you turned off the bed lamp.

------------
Around midnight you woke up to some strange noises outside. You wanted to roll over and look but you heard Sam whisper. "Don't-Don't roll over. Don't move." Fear shot trough your body and it only heightened when you heard trees groaning and branches snapping.

"Pretend that you are still asleep." Said Sam. You covered your mouth to not let any sound slide. Then it made a sound close to a growl. You slowly turned your head and saw two orbs watching. And you screamed.

Sam grabbed you, pulling you out of the bed and ran with you into the bathroom, where he shut and locked the door, turning on the small light that was above the mirror.

You were so shocked that you were actually whimpering and Sam rocked with you back and forth.