Food Fight!

Sierra Lockeheart 

Upon walking into school, I caught the sight of Cassidy and her group chatting away like they had all the time in the world. "Damn it! Why are they here so early?" I groaned out in frustration. 

"Relax, I'm sure if we're fast enough she won't see us." Nick said, grabbing my arm. "Now, in 3...2...1, go!" And then we ran, running through the swarms of students attemting to get to their classes safely. When we reached our classroom, our teacher stared at us with a weirded out face as we tried to catch our breath by the door. 

Thank god, I thought. I am so not in the mood for that bitch right now.

I cleared my throat before speaking, "Sorry, Mr. Felliston." 

The middle aged werewolf sighed. "Just take your seats." 

Our first period is always Homeroom, where we learn Advanced language and arts, and learn all about our kind. 

"Alright class, let's continue from where we ended last week.." I tuned out Mr. Felliston's lecture as my mind wandered off to other topics such as; Mates. 

When a werewolf turns 18, they find their mates, and honestly I'm scared because, I'm turning 18 soon. Having a mate is something that can only happen once, so it's important that your ready for it, but the questions is,am I ready for it?

Who will my mate be? Will he love me like a true mate would?

Or would he reject me?

Once that thought crossed into my mind I immediately felt a sense of sadness pour into me, what if he does reject me? What if I'm not good enough?

You will be perfect for him. And he will love you, he's your mate, he'll never reject you. My wolf, Zara said.

I sighed, rubbing my eyes and sitting back on the chair. I really didn't feel like studying today. 

"Hey, are you okay?" 

I turned my head to the side to see who was talking, it was Christopher, our pack's third-in-command.

"I'm fine. Just bored, that's all." 

He started chuckling like it was funny. "What's so funny?" 

"You literally just came into class 5 minutes ago and you're already bored?" 

"Yes. Is that a problem?" 

"Nope, it's just, you don't usually act this way. So let me ask you again; Are you okay?" he asked, now the smile off his face as his expression turned into worry.

I sighed, maybe I was stressing too much on the whole mate thing.

"I'm just worried about my mate." 

"You found him already?" he asked, clearly surprised. 

I shook my head. "Nope, what I mean is when I turn 18, you know in a few weeks." 

"Oh, right. Well don't worry about it, I'm sure you'll be perfect for each other." he said offering a small smile. 

"What if I'm not good enough, what if he rejects me?" 

"Honey, if he rejects you, then reject that sorry asshole too, then leave, because your perfect and no one can say otherwise." he said using a shrill girly voice, making me laugh.  "And it's his loss anyway." he added. 

After that talk, the day went by much faster, in no time at all it was already lunch. As Nick and I were on our way to the Lunch hall, we caught sight of Cassidy again, but thankfully she wasn't headed to the Lunch hall today, because she headed straight to the Vampire feeding rooms to feed.