“Elemmire, look at me,” Legolas’s voice was stern, “There is nothing I would have done differently if I was in your shoes.”

“So you don’t hate me?” I whimpered taking another quick glimpse to look at Ravaonna’s ashes.

“No, I don’t, nothing you could do would make me hate you!” Legolas placed a finger under my chin and adjusted the angle of my head to look back at his.

Legolas’s beautiful blue eyes were sympathetic and caring, he truly loved me with all his heart. And I loved him back just as much.

"Now let's go home," Legolas entwined his fingers through mine and we climbed down the many flights of stairs out of Dul Guldur.

~(Reinya’s POV)

Gorell and myself walked through the gates into Mirkwood. I let out a sigh of relief, we were safe at home. As much as I loved adventure, it felt great to be home. Though I knew we were not going to be here for long, Elemmire and Legolas needed our saving from the dwarves.

“Lady Reinya, Lord Gorell,” One of the guards greeted us at the gate. “How was your trip?” He asked, and I assumed he had no idea where we actually went.

“It was splendid,” Gorell replied hastily with a slight sarcasm in his voice. “Do you know where my father is?”

“I believe his is in the throne room,” The guard responded holding onto our horses so that we could dismount. “I will take care of your horses if there is urgent business.”

“It is, thank you sir.” Gorell handed his horse over before taking my hand and running off to the throne room.

We traveled quickly through the halls, there was not a moment to waste.

As we rounded the corner walking up the long pathway to the throne, I noticed thranduil talking with a group of guards, probably discussing something important, but Gorell did not hesitate to break it up.

“Father,” Gorell’s voice was stern. “We need to talk, now!”

“Guards, leave us,” Thranduil sent away anyone that should not be listening to this. “What is so urgent that you had to interrupt my meeting.” He took a seat back up on throne.  

The dwarves have captured and hold prisoner-,” Gorell was in the middle of explaining when his father let out a deep sigh, as if Gorell was just wasting his time. “Father! They hold Elemmire and Legolas prisoner!”

  “What?” Thranduil shoot up from his throne and seemed to ponder on the thought for a second.

“The dwarves hold your son, and Lady Galadriel’s daughter hostage,” By Gorell’s voice I knew he was irritated with his father.

For a split second it almost seemed that Thranduil had a hint of worry in his eyes. Though it vanished so quickly that I could not tell if the emotion was actually there. Then Thranduil opened his mouth as if he was going to speak, but instead he closed it and sat back down on his throne.

“Don’t just sit there! We have to go save Elemmire and Legolas!” I demanded.

“Reinya settle down,” Gorell hissed in my ear.

“Do you not think I want my son out of there?” Thranduil snapped, “But rushing out to save them is not going to get us anywhere, but make the dwarves mad, which would also threaten our treaty.”

“So were are just going to let them rot in those cells?” I was flustered, why would Thranduil not help them? “If you don’t do something then I am going to march on Erebor myself!”

I spun around to walk out of the hall when out of nowhere two guards step in front of my path blocking me from going anywhere. “No you will not,” Thranduil ordered, “Not only are making rash decisions, but you are also pregnant!”

I was in shock, “How did you know?”

“Lady Galadriel knows many things,” He said with a sly smile. “Though I hate to do this, but because of your condition, you are confined to the Mirkwood borders.”

“I will not take orders from you-,” I started rambling off because I was upset.

“But you will because I am your King, and even though you married my son, I still hold a greater ranking than you.” Thranduil stated in a sharp tone before he let out a deep sigh. “But I will do my best to get them out when the time is right.”  

In frustration, I shoved my way through the guards and back to my room. I promised Elemmire that I would get her out, and that is what I am going to do.

~~~

Hours later Gorell came into our room, he did not speak, though I knew in his eyes he did not like the way I acted earlier.

“Are you just going to wait and do nothing as well?” I asked.

“Reinya!” Gorell gave me a disapproving look, “If you had waited around a little longer, you would have known that my father sent out a group of six elves to negotiate their return.”

“Oh,” I said quietly.

“As much as I love you,” Gorell sighed, wrapping me into a hug, “Sometimes you need to learn when to be patient.”

~~~(about 1 week later)

The guards are expected to return soon, hopefully with Legolas and Elemmire.

I sat in on one of the benches that overlooked the pathway where the guards were expected to come from.

“Any sign of them?” Gorell asked.

“Not yet,” My faith was dwindling as the days went on.

“I am sure they will be back soon,” Gorell planted a soft kiss on my forehead before walking back to finish off his princely work.

I sat on the bench for about another half an hour before I noticed a group of elves coming up the path. They’re back! I smiled running out of halls and down to the front gates.

By the time I get to the gate the elves are already dismounting their horses, I look around to see if Legolas and Elemmire are with them, but there was no sign of them.

“Where is Elemmire and Legolas?” I asked one of the elves closest to me.

He took a second to configure his thoughts before he said, “Ravaonna captured them out of the dwarves grasp many many weeks ago.”

My eyes opened up wide, “What?!” I exclaimed. If Ravaonna really had Legolas and Elemmire in her grasp, then they are probably long dead by now.

In fury I pulled my boomerang out of my boots (yes, I keep hidden ones in my boots) and threw them at a tree near by. Which easily sliced through the tree roots easily.

Once the boomerangs returned to my hand, and I stormed back off to into the heart of Mirkwood. I had no idea where I was going, but all I knew was that I probably failed Elemmire.

Sorry if this chapter sucks, I have been going through some really bad writer's block lately, so I had a really hard time writing this chapter!!! Maybe if I get over the writer's block I will post the next update soon!!!!

Please vote, comment, fan!!! Thank you for all the support, you are my inspiration to continue writing and push through my writer's block, thank you.

Kt_love and YouCantHandle