Chapter 20: Waiting

(A/N: Hello, this was the one idea I had left.)

The Hell! Bloody, bloody hell! I might murder someone tonight!!!!! Never should've taken that bet! It's a curse! He's a curse! You where at the training hall, at the corner to be exact, trying to hide from everyone.

Let's just say that, Tony had your hair dyed to your least favorite color on purpose because of a bet he made you took. Fuck me for believing that I get to paint his new Mark Prime armor however I wish.

"Y/N?" You heard Steve asks. He could see you tensing up when your shoulder rose and frozed like that.

Currently cursing, you stood - still not facing him - and slowly turned around to see him looked shocked. That's when it hit you. You turned smoke leaving the words...

"I know, I look terrible!" Steve watched your smoke float away but he was still shocked. How could he not? I mean, the color really contrast with your look. It was too spontaneous and your hairstyle made it worse.

When you reached a good of few floors down away from the training hall, you turned back to your human form only to bump with Hawkeye.

Unlike Steve, Clint didn't bother to hide his laugh. You swear, glaring at him wasn't enough and so does killing him.

"Okay, I get it! I look hideous!" You blurted out. Him? Still hasn't stopped laughing. "I won't even ask if you're gonna, even, want to stop."

"What... happened to you?" He said in an exhausted tone. Oh, he did quite a work out laughing at me.

"Dad happened." You answered coldly.

"Now you know that luck, can't beat Tony's fucking calculation. He always wins a bet." He answered patting your head like a dog before passing by.

"Great! Where can I even hide?" You asks yourself. You decided to go straight to the mini-library. I, mean, if someone does enter, a big book might cover it up... at least.

With the idea in mind, you hurried to the library to see a rather new looking, modern room instead of a drafty looking one that you imagined the library would be. You instantly grabbed a rather big book. It looked interesting enough, the cover page was really colorful with its pastel palette.

You sat down at the farthest corner of the room and hid yourself in it...

Bored,.. Bored,.. bored,..

"How childish must you be, Y/N?" You heard a familiar voice. That or you heard the insult too many times. You tried to ignore that since hair problem is at the matter.

Loki knew you were the one reading the book. Not that you were reading it but you had to pick the largest children's fairytale books.

"Must be for your bedtime, little Y/N?" He asks trying to get you to even react. You were trying your best not to talk.

He decided to sit beside you so you clutched the book neared while leaning forward as well.

Is my locks popping out? Damn! Why is he here? Of all the days!! This ain't just mine... Curses!!!

"Awfully quiet... Don't tell me you've dozed off with the pretty pictures to dreamland?.." he stated again. You weren't listening because your heart is still beating like a horse.

*Loki's P.O.V.*

What is wrong with her? It is unnerving to hear her say nothing! I've done all I can to run her patience out but alas! This mortal is testing mine!! You know, if she didn't want to speak to me, she could've just yell at me to leave.

I watch her move slightly away from me. She was tensed as she clutched the book tighter in her hands. Okay! That is it! I need to know what is happening in her mind!

"You're just worth for a laugh. Shouldn't have compared to me but Hey! I'll make you believe your gonna win! 100%,.. then he came and crushed your dreams absolutely humiliate you like you weren't someone special to him! Oh, bullshit! Bet he's having fun right now! Looking at me and laughing his shit off!.." Is... Is she talking to me? Does she hate me? Now, that must not be true... but... her words,.. It is me.

*My P.O.V.?* (I think that's far better than 3rd person's point of view because it's better.)

You're just worth for a laugh. Shouldn't have compared to me but Hey! I'll make you believe your gonna win! 100%,.. then he came and crushed your dreams absolutely humiliate you like you weren't someone special to him! Oh, bullshit! Bet he's having fun right now! Looking at me and laughing his shit off! What kind of a father is he?! Well, he isn't one. I'm betting if he and Pepper did have a child then that would be a----

Your train of thoughts was interrupted by Loki pulling you away from your book and looking at you with eyes concern that melted in his shock...

You pushed him away with a hint of embarrassment in your lightly red face.

"I know, I know! I look hideous! Stop staring!!!" You angrily yelled pulling the book to hide yourself again.

Loki tried to catch another glimpse at you but you didn't gave him one.

"Hideous? My, my... Who would dare call you that?" Loki asked smiling genuinely, it'll creep you if you look. "You look rather unique, my queen..."

He shut up as the words left his mouth. You, on the other hand, froze hearing him say that for real. He did call you his queen.

"Unique? Loki, my hair is in my least favorite color! It's styled like a bird's nest and I bet Clint would try to sleep in it as a prank!!" You yelled angrily. The large book fell down causing a loud thump but you didn't care.

"Then let him. He'll receive his punishment, if he did." Loki replied. You started breathing slowly to calm yourself...

"Besides, if you didn't want to be laughed at and that color is your least favorite, why did you color it that way? Lost your brain when you went 'shopping'?" He mocked causing you to roll your eyes at him.

"I'm not that stupid to lose my brain. This is my end of the bargain with Tony. Lost a bet and he made go to the salon and wear this shit for 3 days! Can you believe it! He must be having the time of his life laughing his ass off at his office!!" You bursted. Loki seemed to have fumed in anger learning this.

Without another word, he made a clone of himself.

"Mind spending the rest of the chat with him for a moment?" Loki asked looking at you with saddened eyes. "I need to go somewhere for a moment."

Him leaving you got you a bit disappointed. Maybe he wasn't even enjoying the chat? What's so enjoyable about it anyway? It's all about me! He must've been bored!!!

"There's no point in leaving your clone here. I'll just go to our room and sleep." You coldly replied standing up and walking pass him.

That surprised him and held one of your arm as you did.

"I'm really sorry I had to leave but don't sleep yet. Wait for me. I'll be there. Promise." He said sincerely and left before you. His words sounded like it was straight from a romantic movie you like to bully because of broken promises...

But, his words was enough for you to wait for him... Still, waiting...

(A/N: Finally, I finished it after 3 days! I got one idea stretched into the ending idea. I think. But anyway, a steady stream of idea might be bursting and I am NOT wasting it.)