Chapter 8: The pain

A/N: I have edited this part because it was once a lame chapter. So, please read it to see if it was a better one. It took a lot longer than I planned, I hope this can make it up.

3rd day. It's my 3rd day alone with Loki. You don't know why, but you were counting the days where you and Loki are stuck together. He wasn't the worse person to person to be stuck with but not the best either.

"What is that ornament, mortal?" You heard Loki asked as he passed you by at the living room.

You were caressing an eye patch you have found at one of the levels of the tower. You were kinda hiding from Loki at that time because he'd probably ask you for another movie. So, you decided to explore it.

Loki, realizing, the tower was too quiet got worried you've left and so, he panicked.

"Have you had no idea the agony I've had when you hid yourself, mortal?!" He asked with no composure left.

You smirked and looked at him. "Agony? Tsk." You mocked. "You're the first."

He stopped when you acted weird. It wasn't the jolly Y/N he'd been babysitting for the past days. It was just like him.

"Are you mocking me?" He asked when he felt you are impersonating his attitude.

You looked at him sad eyes, still an eye patch on your hand. You didn't have to have your memory to remember your past. It was just that 5 years that was missing.

The rest is still there and you hate having reminders of it.

Not in the mood for Loki's questioning, you forced a smile.

A smile, Loki know full well as fake. You broke the gaze you two held. It was like a silent conversation full of pain and he understood.

"Friday, what movie do we have left?" You asked, changing the subject and went to prepare some movie food.

"We have finding nemo, finding Dory, Lilo and stitch, and Brave, Miss." She answered. You quickly thought that neither of them would be enjoyable.

It was like the movie set-up is mocking you. It was annoying.

"Loki." You popped your head from the kitchen and saw Loki turned his head to face you. You smiled, a fake one. "Why don't you pick the movie?"

"Why should I?" He grumbled.

"Just do it."

"I don't take orders from peasants like you."

"Peasant? Just a second ago I was a mortal. Make up your mind, you psychopath!" You yelled and went to pour sour and cream on the popcorn. Cheese was yesterday's flavor. Loki, wanted (f/f) popcorn but you thought you'd want to mix it up a bit.

"Answer my inquiry first." He bargained as you sat beside him.

"Why are you so deep?" You asked questioningly but you loved the way he sounded when he speak that way.

"It is I who wanted to interrogate you. Do not question me." Loki said refusing to answer your question. I'm slightly attracted by his words. "Why do you keep on holding such worthless object?"

He pointed at the eye patch that was placed on you wrist like it was a bracelet.

A snort came from you as you laughed at his term. You held the thing on your eye level and inspected it.

"It is worthless, isn't it?" You sighed. He knew the sigh too well but he refused to feel any sympathy towards you.

He remained in his shell of apathy. Refusing to let you know he'd want to see your real smile back. He wanted so badly but he doesn't know how to show it.

You raised your head to see an expressionless Loki just looking at you. Great, he must think I'm as crazy as he is.

"I have picked a movie to watch." He announced, leaving the matter be and took back his gaze. You kinda missed it on you but you let the man be. Besides, you can fantasize on Steve for a while. "How about Finding Ni...Neh... What horrid name!"

"Finding what horrid name?" You giggled at the way he reacted to the name 'Nemo'. It was odd, yes. But, him calling it horrid was the cherry on top of the sundae.

Loki's insides went haywire at the cuteness of your giggle.

"Who, on Midgard, would name someone as..." He didn't know how to pronounce the name so he just insults it. "Such ridiculousness?"

"Friday, please play. Finding Nemo."

It was a great beginning, not that the middle was any help. Dory was being a really great distraction to the whole reason you're against the story. She's like the comic relief of a dark story, in your perspective.

But deep inside, you've feel broken that Marlon,.. Marlo? Marto? See? You don't even remember the name of Nemo's father but he'd save his son and swim a thousand of miles just to have him back. Well, true. He watched all his children die but then again, he doesn't want the same thing to happen to his only son. Father of the year award deserves to be given to him.

Boy, was Nemo lucky... A tear rolled down your face quietly and it took you a few moments to realise it. You quickly wiped it away trying to hide it from your king. (Woah, I absent-mindedly typed that and is nowhere near to fixing it. This is an omen, you guys!)

But it only got worse since the tears are now unstoppable fury that wants to be shown. Seeing Loki's stone cold face, you looked away and try to not cry some more.

Sobbing. Sobbing was the next thing and the feeling of crying was so relaxing you got addicted to it, letting yourself feel the pain and relief at the same time.

Little did you know, Loki felt your sudden shift. Your back against him and your shoulders shuddering as you pour your eyes out. He stared at you oddly but then, as his eyes went back to the screen...

As odd as it was, he maybe, perhaps, know why you're weeping. He'd mock it. He'll call you weak for it but his mouth was tight shut and his brain gone haywire for trying to find a way to stop you.

His eyes and attention no longer on the movie but instead on you.

Stupid, darn memory! Why are you bugging me?! Why... why are you... Full on sobbing was now in commence as you kept on banging your fist on your forehead.

"What are you doing, mortal?" A shrill voice enveloped the silence your tears had bring.

Your head perked up to see Loki standing with his normal brooding stance to tower you. You giggled a smile and looked away ashamed. In fact, you weren't crying because of a sudden jolt if memory making you remember about horrible parenting. It wasn't about that anymore.

It's about the comfort you've found in crying. It was so reassuring and heart-breaking as you remembered.

"Nothing." You smiled innocently, furiously wiping your tears until Loki caught your hands to stop you. "Sorry for ruining the movie or whatever."

Loki just stayed silent. "C-can I have my hands back--- Hey!" You yelled when Loki didn't let go of your hands.

Instead, kept on invading your personal space.

"I don't normally care about your well-being, human..."

"Jeez, you wouldn't let my hand go just to insult me? How sweet." You sarcastically replied.

"Shut up and let me speak." He scolded. "I said I don't usually care about how well a mortal is but seeing you as my responsibility, I'll try to comfort you.

"I would like to join you in acknowledging the difficulties in you life." He said and pat your shoulder.

You snorted. "You are the worst at this comfort thing."

But the weird part is, you were comforted by it. By Loki's comforting, that is, even though it was quite... Well... Loki.

That made you smile, anyways.