Chapter 24 - Numbani II

Start from the beginning

"I've just discovered that she'll be looking around Numbani tomorrow. She's supposed to be meeting up with a amateur Omnic hacker by the name of Lynx-17. I want you to follow them, learn what they're up to. That's your job," - Sombra

". . . And if I do this, you'll call off your spider to stay away from my brother?" - Hope

"Cross my heart and hope to die," - Sombra

Sombra paused the recording as she exchanged glances between the pair, seeming proud of herself.

"So that's why Widowmaker seemed to vanish yesterday," Doomfist mumbled to himself.

"Well?" Sombra idled, waiting for an answer.

"This certainly is a quite. . . direct approach," Agrippa admitted, cupping her chin as she leaned back against her chair. "I take it you'll be monitoring her progress?"

"Correct! She'll find out what our Russian friend is up to, and once she relays that information to me, I can deal with Miss Zaryanova," She explained. "What do you think?"

"Does Reaper know about this?" Akande asked.

"Uh, duh!" Sombra rolled her eyes. "I'm the one that convinced him to send her to Dave Ivery's location,"

"Alright then, we'll go along with your little plan," Agrippa confirmed, sitting up in her chair. "Report Hope Ivery's statistics to the two of us once the mission is done, that way we can properly assess her for Project Disciple,"

"You got it, boss," the girl saluted the woman before turning on her heels. She was about to make it to the doors when---

"And Olivia?" Agrippa called.

Sombra flinched, freezing in her place as her head idly turned to glance at her employer.

"Don't get caught," The woman commanded.

". . . Yes, ma'am," The Hacker replied as she left the room.

Satisfied, Agrippa stood from her chair, slowly walking towards a giant glass window behind her as she observed the view outside, Akande standing near her position.

"Since we'll be learning about Miss Ivery's capabilities tomorrow, we should start preparations early for Project Disciple," she spoke, hands behind her back. "Overwatch has learned of your presence in Monaco, and it may not be long before they discover our traces in Venice,"

Akande listened inventively, and it was then his eyes widened with surprise as he took a step closer towards his boss. "Are you suggesting that we--?"

"Akande, what were the last known whereabouts of our geneticist, Moira?" Agrippa asked, turning her head towards him.

"The last I heard from our intel department, Ms. O'Deorain is continuing her work in Iraq," Doomfist recalled.

"Oasis?" Agrippa perked up, a brow raised with interest. "How intriguing,"

"I've heard she's made quite a name for herself," The man commented.

"Once Sombra delivers Miss Ivery's stats, I'd like you to pass them on to Moira and bring her back here. I want our top scientist here if the Project is be a complete success," Agrippa ordered.

"You don't trust me to see the projects success myself?" Doomfist teased with a smirk.

Agrippa scoffed playfully, completely turning her body to face him. "All due respect, Akande, your job is to train our new additions and see to it that their physical capabilities are perfected. Moira, on the other hand, will be giving them new life,"