Chapter Fourteen: Silencing the Lion's Roar

"I wanna heal, I wanna feel, what I thought was never real
I wanna let go of the pain I've held so long
(Erase all the pain till it's gone)
I wanna heal, I wanna feel like I'm close to something real
I wanna find something I've wanted all along
Somewhere I belong..."

Linkin Park has many songs that relate to this book and Rhea. Listen to the vid on the right <3

_________________________________________________

Broken Hearts & Lonely Stars:

Chapter Fourteen: Silencing the Lion's Roar

                   The echoing thuds of my Doc Marten's boots pounding against the newly waxed floor of the hallway were the only sounds as I walked through, avoiding all my classes especially Bridget. I wasn't in the mood to hear her pathetic apologies nor did I want to waste any of my energy. There was a rumble awaiting for me outside in the parking lot once the lunch bell rings. Just thinking about punching the crap out of the shit talking, two faced bitch made me want to punch the lockers.

Not only was I still furious at the very truth I came across to with Bridget cheating on me, this girl kept yapping her big mouth and insulting the very Rhea Daniels, not caring of the consequences. Didn't this idiotic girl know the serious trouble she was getting into? Did she want to be the laughing stock of the whole school? I chuckled softly as I cracked my knuckles, turning the corner of the hall only to collide to a soft, warm body.

I glared down at the books which were scattered on the floor with a couple of papers. A girl with fiery red hair braided into a fish tail hastily stacked her books, mumbling a series of profanity mostly towards me. I smirked as I knelt down and grabbed the sheets of paper with beautiful drawings on each paper. One really struck out of a girl sitting on the rail with a cigarette in her hand, her midnight black hair blowing to the side. She looked distant but in those eyes, they held such raw emotion. An emotion that made me suddenly realize that this girl was...me.

I glanced at the red haired girl only to see her cheeks flushed. She snatched the sketches from my hand, shoving them in her bag as she stood to her feet, fixing her navy blue dress. I watched this girl with curiosity. Why would she draw me? Didn't she hear? I was a fuck up, a misfit to everyone in this neighborhood. I had a short fuse that could easily be sparked by any stupidity that crosses my line. I was the heartless Rhea Daniels who no one messes with for crying out loud! What was so interesting about me to be drawn onto paper?!

"I didn't mean to bump into you," she mumbled, biting her lip nervously. Her gray eyes drank me in smoothly, her heart shaped face framed by those fiery red waves. Sharp cheekbones that were decorated with light freckles, her milky, smooth skin was simply a virgin with no tattoos inked on it unlike mine.

Nervously as I straightened myself, I tugged at my earlobe, forgetting that I didn't wear my plugs today. Tugging it to my jawline, I saw her gray eyes zeroed on my ear, cocking her head to the side.

"You know," she said, her voice like an untouched melody, "your ears won't miraculously heal back to their normal size after you stretched them to a...what? Double zeroes?"

I smirked, sweeping my hair back as I leaned against the wall, eyeing her up slowly before my gaze resting on those full, pink lips of hers. "Don't tell me you're an Anti-Stretcher."