Chapter Sixteen: Deluded Mind of an Ex Girlfriend

Sorry for the long wait! >.<! I had to spend time with my friends since I'll be shipping off to Boston. The next chapter would be up tomorrow since I have no plans that day :)

-Beauty doesn't come from cosmetics, it comes from within <3

________________________________

Broken Hearts & Lonely Stars:

Chapter Sixteen: Deluded Mind of an Ex Girlfriend

        "I really don't think going back to a relationship that didn't work out is the right choice, Rhea."

I banged my forehead against the door of the refrigerator repeatedly, ignoring my mother's rants as she continued to lecture me about not finding love in past relationships. If only she put her nose somewhere else like her book club she had every Tuesday night or her soap operas she brags about to her friends. But no. Instead, she glues her damn nose in my life.

Since when did my own life became her primary business?

"Mom, cut it out," I told her as she placed the dirty dishes in the dish washer.

"You know I'm right, Rhea," she countered, placing her hands on her hips, scolding me already. "Why don't you and--"

"This is my business not yours. Cut the crap like you ever gave a damn about my past relationships. Focus on your own life and not mine--"

SLAP!

"How dare you say that, Andrea?!" My mother's blue eyes brimmed with tears as I clutched my cheek, glaring at her.  "I'm your mother! The very woman who gave you life! I didn't lecture you when you took drugs and drank like a drunk. I stayed out of your way because you wanted that way. Then, you disappear without saying a goodbye to your mother, do you know how that felt? Like someone yanked my heart out. I often thought you were with Johnny or Chelsea but not even them knew where you were. I had to find the hard way from your brother." Tears continued to stream down her cheeks as she quickly wiped them away without breaking down in front of me.

I wanted to hug her immediately but my feet were glued to the floor as I watched, helplessly, as she cried.

"No mother wants her baby to have cancer or any ill fated disease, Rhea," she whispered, lowering her gaze. "I pray each night to the Lord for you to survive this even if it's an 80/20 chance that you might not be able to live past this. Do you know what your father has been doing these past weeks after you told us?"

"I don't really care about that bastard of a father," I gritted out, my eyes narrowing into a glare.

"Rhea! Don't say that!"

"It's true, Mom!" I threw my arms in the air, anger rolling off of me in waves. "He made me feel like I was shit! He ruined my life! What father would emotionally abuse their child to the point of believing his very words?! Just because I confessed about my cancer it won't forgive him for the shit he put me through. You can do your best into seeing any 'good' in him but I would never forgive him. I would rather suffer through this pain than let bygones be bygones with that son of a bitch."

I walked away from her, letting the sound of her sobs slowly begin to crack my secured walls. I left the kitchen, glancing at my right to see the man who tormented me during my youth leaning against the walls, his navy blue eyes looked back at me with guilt swimming in them. Now he's beginning to feel guilt? Now after I'm suffering under his very hold, he decides to feel guilty?