Chapter Five: Secrets Are Meant To Be Hidden

Broken Hearts & Lonely Stars:

Chapter Five: Secrets Are Meant To Be Hidden

Everything around me seemed dead.

The wind didn't feel like a caress. The sun didn't smile upon me with its rays. Everything had no affect on me anymore like before. I dug my hands into my sweater pockets as I grew closer to the place I didn't want to step foot in. A place where the devil resided. I sighed, as I bowed my head. Even though with my eyes staring at the floor, I could still see the photo of Bridget and that son of a bitch burning my mind. I could imagine the way his hands groped her and she did nothing to remember of me.

Suddenly, the anger I had inside started to boil. I lifted my head, glaring at anything that got into my view as my hands balled up to fists. My pace quickened as I reached up to the light blue house, slamming the gate closed and swinging open the front door. I didn't want to deal with anything. I wanted to be alone. I had no time to waste with arguing and dealing with complete bullshit. My room was my sanctuary and as I walked up the steps of the stairs, my serenity that I desired was yanked away from my grasp as I heard the devil's voice ring in my ears, making the anger inside me become uncontrollable flames.

"Do you even have the audacity to give me a good reason not to kick your faggot ass out of my house?!"

I whirled around, staring down at the man who was labeled as my "father" standing near the staircase. His black hair was combed aside, his tie loosened and the sleeves of his collar shirt rolled up to his elbows. There was no surprise to see anger and hatred in those eyes of his. There was no shocker to be talked like I was shit underneath his spotless shoes.

"Oh, man," I placed a hand upon my heart, frowning as sarcasm kept dripping from my voice. "You don't know how much I've been dreading to hear those words. Oh, the horror!" My hand fell to my side as I stared at him blankly. "I don't remember doing anything to make blurt out those words, old man."

His left eye twitched at the nickname I've given him since the day he rejected to give me love like his other pathetic daughters. "Oh, Rhea. You don't know how much I've dreamt to see you walk out of this house. If you want to grant me that wish, then do it! Leave pathetic, worthless trash that you are!"

I didn't flinch. I didn't wince. I didn't do anything at the violent verbal slap he threw me. I plainly stood there, a newly scar beginning to shed upon the iceberg that was my heart as I looked at him. He looked unsatisfied as if my emotions gave him the satisfaction to feel powerful over me.

"I still didn't hear the shit I did so," I walked up the stairs looking over my shoulder to meet that devil as I continued, "fuck off."

I entered my room and slammed the door, locking it as I slid down the door and hugged my knees to my chest. For the first time as I sat there, a tear slid down my cheek. A tear that held everything that I had inside. A tear that let go the once loving, warm hearted girl I was before the devil persuaded me to drink the sins I now have.

I was worthless in my father's eyes...and I was worthless to the world as well...

~*~*~*~

I groaned at the intense pain in my abdomen as I rolled to my side, curling into a ball. I felt the throbbing pain in my head and my nose but I mainly concentrated on my stomach. I cracked open one eye only to see the unfamiliarity of the room I was in. A bluish white curtain blocked my view of the window as the beeping noises started to annoy me. I looked around my surroundings and stared at the rails on either side of the bed, the IV, the small TV nailed onto the corner of the room.