Chapter 12- The Yule Ball

Start from the beginning

I spent about three whole hours just going about the castle, avoiding Cedric, as I want to surprise him today and had Kaius, one of my only brothers who support us being a couple or even going to the dance together as friends, to tell him that I was a little sick, but would probably be alright by eight o'clock. The time the Yule Ball starts.

Right now, I was in the common room, talking to Draco, Blaise, Dean, Drake, Calder and Nina.

"But I don't get it, why the house has to be named Hufflepuff?!" Calder sighed.

We were in a deep discussion about the Hogwarts Houses and Draco, Calder, and the Flours couldn't get past Hufflepuff's name.

Nina, Blaise and I exchanged a look.

"Ever read, Hogwarts: A History?" We raised our eyebrows at them and they gave us sheepish looks.

"Well as you all know, or rather should... Our house founder's last name'd been Slytherin. So their house founder's was..." I started.

"Hufflepuff." Zabini finished.

The rest 'ahh'ed finally understanding, while we three shook our heads at their obliviousness.

"So, Calder. How'd you yet a Beauxbatons bird to agree going with you to the ball?" Draco asked, causing both Blaise and Nina to perk up.

I rolled my eyes.

"Draco, it's not right to act all like.... you when someone gets something you simply can't. I mean, we all know you asked a couple of Veelas but had to, even I feel sorry for you, ask Parkinson. Calder on the other hand got himself a half Veela in his hands, and it was out of like. Jessica is always talking about him. Honestly, it almost makes me want to feel bad for you." I retorted, making the twins and Nina burst out laughing, Calder and Blaise ohh-ing at him.

"That's why you're my favorite sister." Calder said, side hugging me.

I laughed while Nina sent daggers at him.

"That is not very nice to say little brother." Nina crossed her arms and started pouting.

"Gee, I guess the Sorting Hat should of put me on Slytherin... Oh, wait! It kind of already did." He retorted, nonetheless putting his hands up in defense.

As Nina continued to glare, I tugged on her arm and smiled apologetically at the boys.

"Sorry guys. It's already six and we have to get ready for the ball."

I chained my arm with my older sister's and we made our trip to my vacant dorm.

"If you need us, we'll be preparing in my dorm!" I shouted over my shoulder, getting sures and uh huhs from the guys.

After we both took quick showers we were left with an hour, so, instead of doing it the muggle way, we did each other's hairs and make up with magic.

For her flame-like dark red straight hair, I decided to leave in an elegant bun with a modern twist. I put about half her hair in a neat bun with a green and silver clip and the rest of her hair I curled and left dangling and framing her face, falling around her neck.

Her make up was quite simple, some black eyeliner, a smoky dark eye shadow, little foundation, and light pink lipstick completed her look.

She wore her black dress, the green of the sleeves making her black eyes stand out drastically more than usual. She wore her little green heels and gained some height, making her look goddess like, almost.

She was absolutely stunning.

"Now you, seat down." Nina pulled out the chair she'd been seating on and pointed at it with her wand.