Happiness!!

Devansh's POV 

Their was this weird feeling erupting inside me. More like extreme happiness. Everything was back on track. Divya was much better now, Our baby was a lot healthier, and the family had also bonded like never before. I was on cloud nine. Even though we had our own set of misunderstandings and fights, it still bought us closer. It was now Dia's seventh month, and she had been spoiled and pampered by everyone, especially dad. He had become her new partner in crime. She would often complain about me to him and get me punished if I didn't oblige to her demands of eating out and junk food. Even after all that, we were having the time of our lives.

Today, mom called me in the office  and asked me to come home early. As per her wish I went home to see that she was very hyper and busy doing something. I glanced at Dia and raised my eyebrow in a questioning manner , she just shrugged her shoulders and turned back to the book she was reading. I went to my mom and sat next to her and asked her of what was wrong.

Mom- Dev, its Dia's seventh month and we haven't even decided as to when to do her 'Godh-Bharai' (Indian version of Baby shower), Let alone all the other preparations that have to be done. We need to plan everything. I have called Avantikaji (Divya's mother) as well. She might come here in some time and then we will sit and finalise everything today itself. I want you to be here and give us your input as well.

Dev- But mom, What will I do in all this, its suppose to be an all ladies function.

Mom- It is suppose to be, but we have decided to keep the traditional ladies function in the evening and then at night we have decided to keep a Indo-western Baby shower where everyone will be invited. So you better start helping us with all these preparations.

I knew there was no getting out of it anymore I had to get involved and help them. There was no other option left. I looked up to see Dia was looking at me and she had a smirk on her face. I knew that she very well knew how I felt about all these things and hence she was giving me that look. 

Later, after sometime, Dia's mother had also come and now we all were sitting in the hall and discussing about how to go about the rituals. I was basically just jotting down whatever they were deciding and gave in my input where ever need be. This planning went on for more than an hour and I turned my head to see that Dia had also slept where she was sitting. I went to her, woke her up and fed her dinner and then took her to room and made her sleep. Then I joined everyone else for dinner and by now Dia's papa and my dad had also come and were truly excited about the function and were discussing about the venue, decorations, guest list and what not. 

The coming few days were hectic. The date for the function had been set at the coming sunday, and we had very little time to get the arrangements done. The calls were being made to the guests and the invites were being send. Everyone was geared for the upcoming event, as it was a very happy time for both of our families.

Divya's POV

Everyone in the house was super excited with my baby shower coming up. Tanvi Di ( Devansh's sister) was also coming down with her family. The only work that I was allowed was to rest and demand for whatever it was that I needed. I sat there overlooking at what everyone was doing. I felt so good to see that everyone was happily taking part in the preparations. The function was suppose to be day after tomorrow and so the guests were going to start coming from tomorrow and tonight Tanvi di, jiju, and the kids were gonna come tonight itself and so we all had decided to apply mehendi (also known as henna) tonight itself, when everyone was going to be around. From today, mom had told momma and everyone at my maternal house to be here itself and so Disha was sitting beside me and doing some kind of work while talking to me. Mom and momma were busy getting the last minute preparations done while chachi was at home as she had to manage everything there as there were gonna be guests coming tomorrow and the day after.

It was evening time now, and all the females in the house were to apply Mehendi. After chachi, and Disha had done with their application, I made mom and momma sit, as they were to tied up to sit at one place peacefully, but I had to make them sit. After them it was my turn to sit now. I was suppose to apply on both my hands and legs. I was almost midway with my mehendi, when di and jiju had arrived. It brought a lot of happiness to see everyone together and happy. Di came and gave me a side hug. I told her to freshen up and come soon as she also wanted to apply mehendi. Once I was done with, since the mehendi was still wet, I was pampered a lot and Dev even fed me food with his hands as I had started feeling hungry.  

The next day arrived very quickly. Everyone was busy doing something or the other and the cute little kids, that is Tullika and Vansh were made to sit near me and entertain me so that I don't strain myself with any work. Basically they had been allotted to be my bodyguard so that I would not do anything at all. By evening everyone had become busy, attending the guests and getting the last minute preparations done. I had decided to get ready at home and so the beauticians were also suppose to come home and help me get ready. I made sure that everyone else were helped first before me as they all had to rush to the venue were the celebration was going to take place. Only Disha and Tanvi dii were gonna stay back with me so that they would accompany me. All three of us got ready and left for the venue. Mom and Momma had finalised my attire and had also decided the jewellery that I was suppose to wear so that I would be comfortable in this attire as it would stay on for long.

(Divya's Ceremony outfit)