The D-Day

Divya's POV

I woke up to my alarm ringing at 6 in the morning. I got up and realised that it was the day of my wedding, and that my beauticians were coming by 7, so that I get ready by 9.30, as the muhurat (the auspicious time) was for 10.45, before which we also had a few rituals to follow. I was suppose to go to the venue by 10 so that everything will be on muhurat. 

I freshened up, had bath, and cleaned up the room as all my clothes from last night were lying around as i was too tired to clean it and keep it properly last night. I cleaned up the room and wore the skirt and blouse of my lehenga and wore a robe over it. I then heard my room bell ringing. I went and opened my room door to see that the beauticians were standing there along with Disha. I let them come in and sat there so that they could finish my hair and make up. I was done with my hair and make up by 9.30 and then I wore my jewellery and then the beautician helped me in pining up the dupatta (veil) and putting up the final touches on me. I had also requested the beautician to help with Disha and mumma as well, as it was a main function during the whole wedding celebrations.

At sharp 10, Daksh came to take me with him. Daksh, Kartik and two of my other cousin brothers took a beautiful veil and held it at four different corners above my head while taking me out to the area where the rituals were gonna be held, as it was a ritual.

They took me to where the stage was set up for varmala ( exchange of garlands between the bride and groom.). I saw that Devansh was standing there, and he looked so handsome and breath taking. He looked at me and I saw that he couldn't take his eyes off of me.  I was happy that he liked the way I looked after dressing up. We had are 'mamaphera' ( where in the maternal uncle of the bride takes her around the groom for four rounds.) and then  we exchanged our garlands. I realised that the stage had been decorated beautifullyand also the garlands that we had exchanged were one of its kind.

Image of Divya and Devansh during wedding rituals.

Then we went ahead and performed a puja infront of Lord Ganesha, as it is believed that any work should be started with blessings of Lord Ganesha, so that it works out to be good with prosperity and luck

It was now around 10:42, so we moved out towards the mandap where the wedding rituals were to be completed. It was beautifully decorated. I was so happy to see the decorations that had been done by both of our fathers.

 I was so happy to see the decorations that had been done by both of our fathers