PT 1. Your Voice

To anyone else he would seem frozen in place whilst peacefully drawing into his sketchbook

To anyone else he would seem frozen in place whilst peacefully drawing into his sketchbook. With the gentle hissing in the background of the coffee machines and people chattering he felt calm as his pencil danced on the paper. Suddenly he was pulled out of his own world when someone pulled a chair away from the table to sit on it right next to him.

"Hey, you draw pretty well."

Startled, Jimin quickly shut his sketchbook.

"T-thank you.."

Jimin was startled by the woman's voice, although it was sweet, gentle and every one of her words flowed beautifully off her tongue.

"I've seen you before.. Do you come here often?" She asked

He nodded, finding it odd that someone would notice him.

"I find it relaxing here, it's calm and helps me get ideas."

Jimin wasn't lying, but he wasn't being honest either. The only reason he was always at the coffee shop was because she was always there. He noticed she came there after her shifts to get a ristretto and read books. He was astonished by her beauty and always loved watching her do the simplest things. Yet, he never had the courage to speak to her until now.

"Let me see your drawings."

"No."

"Why not?"

"They're weird.. W-well you would think they're weird-- No, just not now."

"C'mon, please?"

He looked into her eyes, the way her eyebrows were perfectly framing them with a somewhat straight position. The little wrinkles she had around her mouth from smiling often. He could tell she was happy person...

The Next Day

Jimin went back to the coffee shop only to find out she wasn't there, he checked the time on his watch

4:26 PM

She should've been there it's been around 20 minutes since she was meant to leave work. He settled down onto a chair clumsily rummaging in his bag to take out his sketchbook and began to draw.

He thought about her, the way her nose was curved and how a light shade of pink on the very tip only showed on the cold days. How the smile on her face seemed permanent and was the reason for the one on his. He drew, and drew. Wishing that if he drew her enough he would never forget about her. He hoped he could capture her nature and movements into his book.

She reminded him of his mother, oh how he missed her. The way she carefully flipped the pages of her book whilst she read reminded him of the gentle strokes his mother would deliver to him as she made him fall asleep. "Pictures last longer than memories." He thought of his mother's voice while imagining the bright flicker of her camera.

Snapping back to reality, Jimin was distracted by the bells that sang all around the small shop once the door was somewhat swung open welcoming her.