boyfriends? maybe

this is a bit confusing so here's the hospital timeline:
stan jumps off a bridge :,(
eddie pulls him out of the water
eddie tells richie it was his fault
richie goes to tell bev the news
richie and bev go to the hospital together
they see eddie in the hallway
eddie takes then to stan
stan is in the hospital room with bev, richie, and eddie
richie and eddie leave
this chapter
beverly stays with stan for a while
stan's parents ask for some alone time
beverly meets delaney (ew) in the hallway
"stan's aftermath"

eddie grabs my hands a quickly walks me out of the hospital room, leaving beverly alone with stan. i didn't really know if that was a good idea, but then again, leaving eddie and i alone wasn't the greatest idea either.
we walked through the front doors of the hospital, and the hot summer sun immediately hit my face. eddie pulls me down the street, not saying a word. he hasn't even looked at me. he takes me into a narrow alley and makes me sit on a crate.
"sit!" he barks. obviously, i listened. it was kinda scary, seeing him like this. eddie's face softens.
"you know i didn't mean anything i said at the bridge, right?" he says, no longer barking at me.
"sure didn't seem like it," i hissed. i didn't really mean to come off that nasty, but i was still somewhat bitter from the situation.
"i-i'm sorry. like, really sorry," eddie apologized.
"maybe sorry doesn't always work," i snapped. okay, i was still super bitter. eddie gulped.
"would candy work?" he asked, a devilish smirk creeping onto his face.
candy! the most wonderful thing on that planet! a sensational dose of sugar? hell yes!
"uh, yeah!" i cheered. eddie broke out into a grin. he pointed to the building i was sitting against.
"i've got ten dollars and that's a candy shoppe. wanna go nuts?" he joked. i stood up and eagerly jumped up and down.
"what are we waiting for?" i asked. eddie wrapped his arms around me, and gave me a tight hug.
"this," he whispered. i hugged him back.
"i love you." FUCK FUCK FUCKITY FUCKER ON A TRUCKER OH MY GOD THAT JUST SLIPPED OUT.
eddie looked up at me with a confused look. i felt my face get really hot. i've ruined everything.
"oh, thank god. i thought i was the only one," he laughed, and then he let go of me.
"w-wait, you like me? like like me?" i asked. eddie nodded his head. i smiled.
"that's the best news i've heard all day. no, actually, ever!" i cheered. eddie laughed.
"okay richie, since we like each other, and i've still got ten dollars, wanna go on a date with me?" eddie asked me. i smiled, but only for a moment. i shook my head.
"eds, i want to go on a date with you so bad right now, but we have a friend in the hospital, who we just left alone. what happens if he wakes up? i have to be there to apologize," i told him. i saw eddie gulp, and then nod his head.
"you're right," he agreed.
"let's go then," i offered.
the walk back the hospital was quiet, and it was awkward. i just turned down a date. obviously, it was gonna be awkward. as we rounded the corner of the building, we saw beverly sprint out of the hospital. i don't think she saw us. i looked at eddie.
"she's running," i stated.
"do you think that means-"
"stan's awake!" i finished him, and we started to run into the hospital. eddie stopped at the front desk.
"stan uris!" he panted, while the woman behind the desk typed in stan's name.
"are you related to him?" the woman asked.
"brothers!" eddie gasped, pulling out his inhaler. the woman shrugged and pointed towards the elevator.
"room 315."
with that, we were gone. the elevator took an eternity, or at least, it felt like it did. finally, we reached stan's door. i paused before opened the door, quickly.
behind the door, a blonde girl gasped. the door was just a centimeter away from hitting the top of her perfectly pointed nose. ms. uris nodded.
"boys," she said, very quietly. in a way, she reminded me of stan. neither parents had the wild hair he did, but her face was like stan's, except for the nose. stan had his dad's nose.
eddie glanced over at stan's bed.
"he's.. not awake," eddie sighed, his tone dropping with each word. i felt a weight add in my chest. the weight grew, making me swell with guilt.
what was beverly running from?
eddie nudged my arm.
"delaney," he mouthed to me. i looked at her. she was definitely a looker, that's for sure. there was something sinister behind her blue eyes, though. mr. uris ran a hand through his hair.
"i'm going to the temple to pray for stan. would you like to come?" he asked ms. uris. she nodded her head and they walked out. the blonde girl, who i assumed was delaney, snorted.
"who are you two?" she asked. definitely delaney. i could hear bitchiness dripping from her voice. eddie turned to her.
"we're stan's friends, richie and eddie," he said, sweetly. delaney looked me over. she pointed one of her long, pink nails at me and popped her bubblegum.
"you're cute," she flirted. i felt eddie's arm link with mine.
"h-he's taken," eddie told her.
"by who? you?" delaney joked. eddie's grip tightened.
"yeah," i answered. delaney rolled her eyes.
"gross. i'm gonna go get a soda. please try not to spread the gay to stanley while i'm gone," she hissed, before strutting out of the room. the door slammed behind her. eddie snapped his head to stan, as if the loud sound would wake him. it didn't.
"i'm taken," i stated.
"yeah, you are."
"so, this is probably weird to ask because stan's right here and all that, but, do you, maybe wanna be boyfriends? that way we can go on dates all the time," eddie asked me, blushing. i smiled.
"i'd love to."

WOWIE 1K IM GONNA LOOSE IT
hmmm?
how would you all feel about a character contest for 1k?
i'll update you all soon..
thanks :)
laurenwrrites