Chapter 8

1 hour passes-

Nightflame's POV:

Each time we came up on intersecting halls I made sure to aim my gun down the hallway in case someone or something was there, though as minutes passed I found that we hadnt come up on any other living beings in some time which slowly became bothersome.
I sighed looking back at the others "I feel like a damn solider doing this." I say putting away the gun, I could see the confused look from 049 and added "I'll explain later doc, don't worry about it." I brush the hair that had fallen to far across my face as I leaned back against the wall behind me.
"I assume we are taking a break from getting out of here?" Darkportal said,
"I guess I need a moment to think." I looked over at 049, "I wanted to speak to you for a moment." I say.
Uni and Darkportal both shrugged before making sure the hall we were in stayed secure, I walked up to 049.
"Look I really don't what to say. I'm sorry for leaving without letting you know, that was pretty shitty thing for me to do back then. What ever they did or said to test how you'd react isn't my fault and I'm sure you have a few questions. Probably one being 'Who is Darkportal?'" I looked down as a spoke,
He was silent for a moment before finally say "I never blamed you for anything, though I shouldn't have believed some of what I was told by the scientist with the inconsistencies there were presenting." He paused for a moment "What is the Darkportal to you? There's something different about her from most humans." as 049 spoke he watched Darkportal for a moment as she walked the hall,
I sighed "Darkportal is my girlfriend, I care about her very much." I say looking into his eyes for some indication of his thoughts,
"Then what about what was between us? I assume that doesn't matter anymore." He spoke coldly not looking at me,
"Correct. I've moved on if you hadnt noticed, and I'm very much devoted to my current partner." I say plainly.
Looking up 049 glared coldly back at me, probably thinking of ways to now get rid of Darkportal. This factor didn't frighten me at all, I wouldn't hesitate if he dare made a move to try and kill my mate.

Uni walked up to me suddenly looking concerned. " Hey we got some MTF and scientists heading this way from behind. What's the game plan?" He said, turning away from 049 to Uni I approached my him. "Lets continue on ahead, we dont want them catching up to us just yet." I say, everyone nodded in agreement as we quickly continued on our way. 049 falling behind now at the back of our group, most likely on purpose.
At some point gun fire and screaming could be heard from a few hallways away.
"What were they fireing at?" Uni askex looking at me.
"Hell if I know, probably an SCP. Anyone wanna investigate?" I asked.
"I myself am bored of just walking, lets investigate." Darkportal said with a little smirk.

We got to a door that we were sure led to where the gun fire and screaming had come from, I could already smell the metallic scent of human blood from beyond the door. I pushed the button to the metal door, we were greeted with a long hall that was dimly lit with blood all across the floor and walls. There wasnt as many bodies as there should have been for the amount of blood there was infront of us.
At the end of the hallway I could make out the figure of a pale creature crouches on the floor facing away from us, its limbs seemed to be enlongated.
I realized which SCP this was.
"Shit."