Request | Kazuichi Souda |

Surprise for my babes

I looked over the list once again. Everything seemed to be in order. There were her favourite drinks in the fridge, her favourite food coming in on delivery when the time came, all her friends arriving to help set up and celebrate. The day had to be perfect for my perfect girlfriend; I could not let a single mistake spoil her day.

I checked the time, the clock on my desk reading 1:27am. I looked behind me, towards my bed where a sleeping form was curled up into the covers, hugging my pillow as she buried her face into it. I chuckled softly. [Name] had come over during the afternoon to just spend some time with me. We went out for a casual dinner and came back. She fell asleep a few hours after that and I took this time to check that her birthday party had everything. She had no idea I had been planning this party for her and I wanted to keep it that way until the time of the party. Everyone agreed to keep quiet about her birthday, acting as if it was just another regular day. With everything set, I was ready to rest.

I turned off my desk lamp after hiding the birthday checklist. Quietly, I crawled into bed next to her, wrapping my arms around her waist. She grumbled softly and turned in my arms to blearily gaze up at me.

"Ah... Sharky..." Her grip loosened on the pillow she was hugging and passed it to be but I gave it back.

"Scoot over babes."

[Name] moved over on her pillow and I laid my head next to hers. She cuddled into the pillow while snugly pressing against my chest. Her beautiful eyes closed once again and she quickly fell into a deep slumber. I buried my nose into her head, taking in her scent and smiling. I closed my eyes as I held her in my arms and fell asleep. I just hoped that the party would go well.

"Sharky. Wake up."

"Shark Tooth."

"Hey, wake up."

"Souda Kazuichi wake the hell up!"

A loud thump resonated in my ears and I felt the wind push out from my lungs. When I came to, I found myself on the floor, my girlfriend on the bed a slight pout on her lips. I stared up at her then smiled dazed. I opened my mouth, about to wish her on her special day but then quickly closed it and opted for a casual "Good morning" instead. I had to keep my mouth shut.

She leaned down and kissed my nose. "What are you doing today?" she asked, her tone having a slightly higher pitch than normal. She was clearly waiting for me to wish her.

"Oh, I'm just meeting some friends today. We're going out for lunch. Do you want to join, babes?" I got up from the floor, leaning down to kiss her gently on the lips. She slowly reciprocated the gesture and was the first to pull away. I could already tell she was sulking slightly.

"I guess. I mean I'm not really... doing anything today." I could hear the disappointment in her voice and it took all my strength to not comfort her and spoil the surprise for later tonight. "Could you... take me back home first? After you get ready of course." Her expression shows loneliness and I could feel myself shattering.

'Keep it together Kazuichi... it's a surprise... a surprise. She'll be happier tonight. I can do this.'

"Yeah of course. I'll be right back, okay? I'll make us a snack before lunch later." I leaned down to kiss her forehead lovingly but she only grunted in response. Her day already was starting to suck.

The drive to her house was quiet, [Name] staring out the window of the car, her chin resting in her palm. I kept a hand on the steering wheel and the other came to caress her leg. She paid no attention to it and I almost laughed. We arrived at her house and she only took a few minutes to get ready, her hair in a messy ponytail and her clothes consisted of a shirt and jeans. [Name] was clearly not in the mood to look pretty but even still with this very relaxed appearance, she was still beaming beautiful to me.