Chapter 37

"Yah...stand up", a voice startled me from behind.

Luckily, my asthma has been recovering well, or else I would have probably fainted.

"Nugusaeyo...?(Who are you...?)" I asked as I dare not look up.

I felt an arm softly grab mine as he pulled me up. I refused to look up, even when I could feel his eyes staring at me.

"Mianhe", he muttered.

The sudden familiarity of the voice made me jolt as I stared up at him.

Joshua.

He immediately pulled me in as he hugged me tight.

"No...I should be the one apologising...if it weren't for me, we wouldn't have been like that...", I muttered in his chest.

"Ani, but can you please explain why and what are you doing in the middle of the streets at 8, close to 9 at night? You know how dangerous it is right?" Joshua said.

I gulped and stared into his eyes.

I can't lose him either...but I guess it was the only way.

"Joshua, Rose has been kidnaped and appa is there too, I don't know what to do. I don't want to get you into trouble but I-"

"Shhhh. Calm down...I'll help you. We got to have a plan. There's no time limit?" He asked.

"I supposed no...but Mark did say that he would kill Rose if I didn't come..."

"Arraseo. I know what to do. Call Jimin, I'll call Taehyung".

"Bwoh?"

"Call Jimin. Just do it."

I nodded and took out my phone.

***

"So this is the place?" Joshua asked.

"Ye."

The four of us were now in the middle of the woods, standing in front of a small deserted house. It had mosses growing at the door knob and it was all dark except for a light for our phones.

"Have you called them?" Joshua turned to Taehyung and Jimin.

"Ye", they both answered.

"Arraseo. Jiyeon, remember our plan. Scream if anything, and our motive is to get appa and Rose out. Clear?" Joshua reminded me.

"Y-yes", I stuttered for whatever reasons.

"Jiyeon-ah, gwaenchan-ha?" Jimin oppa asked worriedly as he held my arm.

I nodded and smiled faintly. I secured the recorder from my pocket and knocked on the door after the boys found a hiding.

Third person POV

"Hey princess! It took you an hour to get you here?? Wow, you must really hate your friend and dad a lot", Mark said, chuckling madly.

"Cut the chase. Where's appa and Rose?" Jiyeon shouted confidently, trying to cover up her fright.

"How dare you speak to me like that, love", Mark raged as he squeezed Jiyeon's cheek painfully.

Joshua, who was watching from behind a bush, clenched his hand into a fist and defended softly,"How dare you touch my girl!"

Jimin and Taehyung held him before he could stand up.

"Did you bring friends along?" Mark eyed suspiciously at the bush where the boys were hiding.

"Ani...why would I?" Jiyeon asked and smiled before turning it to a frown.

"Where are they??" Jiyeon asked.