XX

The bell rang, signaling that the subject before lunch was finally over. Jimin took a deep breath, stood up, breathed out then headed over to your seat.

"Y/n, can we talk about the project? It's due this Thursday, right?" He asked calmly.

"Yup, and sure, let's go to the field?" You suggested.

"Sure thing," Jimin glanced over to Taehyung, who was holding your hand tightly, "I'll see you."

"See you." You chirped and he left.

You turned to face your boyfriend who was glaring at the door.

"Oppa, calm down, it's fine. It's just about the project." You said gently, putting your other hand over his and squeezed it.

He looked to you and his gaze softened immediately. His eyes showed that he was scared and concerned and this made you smile a bit.

Seeing that someone cared for you like this warmed your heart, it gave you assurance that you had someone by your side, now you had to reassure him that you were by his side.

"Taehyung, it's nothing you should worry about."

•••

"Jimin!!!" You whined as he had once again made a mistake.

"The measurement is right!" He whined back.

"No, it isn't!" You said laughing a bit while getting the ruler and pencil from him.

You positioned the ruler and measured it correctly, giving Jimin a smug look. He just playfully rolled his eyes at you, making you laugh.

Outside your door, Taehyung was listening. He was listening to every laugh you made to every joke Jimin had thrown around, how you two playfully bickered- it hurt him.

Taehyung knew that Jimin was after you, he'd been warned, he'd been said to, but Taehyung didn't care, he didn't listen.

Now look at where that's got him.

He was debating on knocking on your door or heading straight in or to just ignore it, continuously telling himself that you and Jimin were just friends.

Yeah, friends, that's all you and Jimin were. It wasn't like you were the same from two years ago, Yoongi himself had said it, it wasn't anything to worry about. Taehyung's thoughts had once again started to ramble.

It's nothing to worry about. It's nothing to worry about. It's nothing to-

"Taehyung-ah, what are you doing here?"

Taehyung slightly jumped in place, snatched away from his thoughts. He looked to his side and saw Yoongi looking at him with concern and a slight smirk, as if he knew what was going on in the younger one's head.

"Hyung, I- well- uh- you see- " Taehyung started to stammer.

Yoongi tsked and grabbed Taehyung by the arm, dragging him away from your door where he heard you laughing at another joke Jimin had borrowed from Jin.

"Taehyung, stop." Yoongi demanded. "You're doing this for a specific reason, you know that, you must keep that in mind. You cannot have feelings for her. True feelings, Taehyung, you know where that will lead you."