XVII

Your stomach had a whole zoo inside it once more, the animals wanting to get out, banging on their cages.

You were beyond nervous, this was technically your first date with Taehyung- no, scratch that- your first date.

Two years back, you hoped that your first date would have been with Jimin, but here you were, dressed up and all prepped for your first date with Taehyung, who was your first boyfriend, your first- no, he wasn't your first best friend, that was Jimin.

All your thoughts had somehow found their way to land on Jimin all the time. You didn't know the reason why, maybe it was because you'd finally seen him after two years of wishing it.

But so much had changed in those two years, and you knew that Jimin was here just because you willed it. Not because he wanted to... or, so you thought.

You shook your head, trying to push those thoughts away as you went out of your room and headed to the living room to see your cousin lazing around, as usual.

"Oppa." You smiled, sitting beside him.

"Hey." He greeted, smiling back at you as you leaned your head on his shoulder.

He slightly frowned as he realized that you were wearing casual clothes, not home clothes. He tried to think of the possibilities, were you going to go out alone? Were you going out with a friend that you haven't told him about? Were you going to drag him to wherever you were going?

If that's what she's up to, she's gonna get grounded for a month. Yoongi thought to himself.

What was he missing? He couldn't figure it out. Wait.

Wait.

"Y/n, are you going to go out with Taehyung?" He asked, kind of nervous.

You were taken aback by the question, but you knew that he would've asked at some point, you never really left the house on weekends. Weekends would usually be your cousin time, but then, Taehyung came into your life.

"Oh, yeah." You replied softly.

"Where are you guys going?"

The way Yoongi was asking wasn't stern, but not too gentle, either. It was the right tone, the right pitch, it really showed that he was concerned because it's been a while since you've gone out.

"He told me that we'd go on a picnic." You blushed a bit. "We should do that sometime too, Yoongi, it's been a while since we've gone out together."

He chuckled as he leaned his head against yours. "True, sorry, I've been quite busy these past few months."

"Have you gotten a job yet?"

"Yah, it's my job to worry about that. Stay out of it and focus on your studies."

"Ah, so you do have a job." You joked.

"What? Y/n, what are you- oh." He paused. "Very witty, little one."

You laughed as he wrapped his arm around you and hugged you closer. You fell quiet and still, cherishing the warmth he was giving, the protection you were feeling.

"Thank you, oppa."

"For what?"

"For being there for me whenever my parents weren't. When I needed someone by my side, just basically, thank you, for everything."

Yoongi hugged you closer, resting his chin on your head as he closed his eyes, not wanting to let you go.

"It's my job, y/n. I'd protect you with my life, and I will."

"Yah, don't joke around, that's too serious." You said, lightly hitting his chest, trying to lighten the mood you created.

He chuckled and the doorbell was heard. He sighed as you both pulled out of the hug. You and he stood up and walked with you to the door, opening it.

Taehyung stood there, smiling wide. Yoongi slightly laughed, seeing how excited Taehyung was to take his little cousin out.

"Hey." You beamed.

"Hey." He beamed back. "Hyung." He said respectively.

"Taehyung." Yoongi greeted back.

Yoongi kissed your forehead as he gave you your jacket. You hugged him one more time before stepping out to stand beside Taehyung.

"Take care of her, Taehyung. If anything happens to her, you answer to me." Yoongi threatened.

"I know, hyung, and nothing's going to happen to her, I promise."

Yoongi and Taehyung were looking into each other's eyes quite intensely, but you didn't notice this. You saw it as your cousin playfully threatening your boyfriend, something an older brother would do.

But there was a different type of understanding between the two, as if they knew what they were saying to one another just by looking at each other's eyes.

Taehyung nodded once as he gently took your hand and you both turned around. You turned your head to see Yoongi waving at you, smiling slightly. You waved back with a smile, as if to say that everything was going to be okay.

As you were out of sight, Yoongi closed the door and heaved a sigh.

"I wasn't kidding, y/n." He said to no one. "I will protect you with my life, I can't lose you again."