Chapter 32: saved

———

———

Life is like a series in television with a very brief commercial pauses of happiness. When the time comes for the usual series to air, you got a choice whether to stay still and watch the entire episode or just skip it and wait for the next one. By skipping meant, avoiding the possibility of pain yet avoiding the possible euphoria either.

In every risk, certainty is never assured. But her risks molded her well. She almost thought that uncertainty has come next to her name. Uncertainty comforted her and it was a lot better than the painful 'what ifs' and regrets in the future.

Living, dying and living again, Lyca's been through a lot. Nonetheless, Lyca always believes that, when you got the chance in life, grab it and live with the moment.

And this is her living it.

But is it worth it?

The chaotic crowd was dispersed on the ground, the dinning noise of serenes from the police mobiles scattered around the pub, at first she was confused but she was vigilant for what would happen next. When the fleeting lights from each car and the crowd ended up creating a ruckus between the authorities and drunkard customers of the pub, in an instant she moved her feet to look for Judge.

"Please stay low! Put your hands up where we can see them!" sigaw ng isang pulis habang pilit na pinapasunod ang mga tao roon.

Nagtataka kung bakit may mga pulis doon ngunit kusang umalis si Lyca sa kinatatayuan niya nang makita ang mga paparating na mga pulis na pawang armado at nakatutok ang mga baril sa mga taong nanglalaban. May isang lalaking mukhang lasing, basi sa pagewang-gewang na lakad nito patungo sa isang armadong pulis.

The drunk man tried to grab the gun from the police, but the young officer was attentive enough to stop the man. He harshly moved his gun away, yet it came a bit late when the man got a grip of it. Sweat building up on both forheads, the officer in uniform got the chance to kick the counter part's stomach. When the other flinched, slouching his back a bit because of the sudden gush of pain in his stomach gave the officer another chance to completely punch the guy and slump him on the ground. Gaining his authority,  he drew his gun and pointed it straight to the drunk man, crawling in pain on the cold surface.

"Down! Don't try to move!"

Surprisingly, the man got up. Lyca could tell, the man was trembling when he went closer the officer. His movemets were harsh and heavy. Lubhang nagtaka si Lyca dahil deretso na itong maglakad kumpara sa pagewang-gewang na galaw nito kanina lang. Although stunned and flustered the police officer alerted himself from the possible attack but what happened next left him dumbfolded and Lyca in awe.

Malalaki ang hakbang ng lalaki at walang awang sinakal nito ang pulis. Nagpupumiglas ito ngunit mas lalong humigpit ang sakal ng lalaki hanggang umangat ang paa ng pulis mula sa lupa. Sa hindi malamang dahilan, dahil sa kakaibang lakas ng lalaki nagmukhang munting papel ang pulis sa harap nito habang sakal-sakal ito.