Victoria O'Connell

Inspiration for this character goes to slytherclaw on Quotev . Congratulations on winning the contest for the O'Connell's kid!! Hope you like her!

Gallagher8

I had joined Alex in China, ditching school to excavate and attempt to find the Dragon Emperor's tomb. My mum used to read me stories all about it, she had left when I was younger to go persue more adventure, I can't say I blamed her. Of course when I was younger I used to dream of adventure and now I was living it!! I couldn't believe it, of course when my parents find out they will be mad that I dropped out of college for this find, but I wanted my name on something just like theirs. I had propped myself up on a post near where Alex was thumbing through my Aunt Evy's old book that contained legends of the Dragon Emperor. I was beginning to think this was a lost cause and we should just get back to England before our parents found out about where we were. A couple semesters wouldn't be too terrible to make up, just kidding, yes it would, I rolled my eyes just thinking of the indescribable work.

"Don't worry, we'll find the entrance today." Alex told me looking over to me smiling reassuringly.

"Li Tung, what's for lunch?" He asked walking over to the older Chinese man.

"Noodle soup." The man answered in Chinese.

"Very good." Alex replied after he had tasted the soup. I followed him with my arms crossed not happy at all, we had made very little progress here and I just wanted to find something interesting for once, of course we'd found small artifacts but nothing concrete to suggest the existence, so far there was a whole lot of sand and nothing.

"Good, Professor Wilson's back." Alex mumbled looking through his binoculars stopping just short of where our professor was getting off his horse.

"You're a couple of days late, Professor." He smiled at the old man getting settled back on the ground from a supposedly long ride.

"What's new Alex? He's always been late." I told him sarcastically but with a smile on my face so it didn't look like I was insulting the man who was funding this. He laughed a little.

"I was beginning to think you'd run into bandits." Alex told him. As he shook the professors hand.

"Oh, my dear fellow, thank you for your concern." The man smiled back at Alex and I.

"You thirsty?" Alex asked him removing his water from his waistband and handing it to the man.

"Oh yes, please, thank you." He guzzled the water happily. I rolled my eyes, can we just get on with it. I followed a little behind them as we walked toward the excavation sight.

"You really are Rick and Josephine O'Connell's daughter." He looked behind himself to me. I stifled a laugh I had definitely picked up a bit of their personalities as I grew up.

"Yeah, well, hopefully after today... They'll be known as Victoria O'Connell's parents." Alex spoke up from beside me. I rolled my eyes, I wasn't trying to upstage them like he was. He really had some sort of disdain for his parents. His dad had left them multiple times to go back to Egypt to do whatever he did, and his mother was... well she was Aunt Evy. I don't know why he felt the need to cut them out of his life he really hadn't had a bad life at all. I was just happy having someone take me in like the O'Connell's had. Don't get me wrong I loved Alex but he could be a lot of ego and an obnoxious know it all.

"What a powerful face! When I told my colleagues', at the Museum that you two had discovered the Colossus, they were thrilled. Yeah, however..." The old professor trailed off as we reached our overlook.

"I know, when am I gonna get in that Tomb?" Alex said his smile leaving his face.

"Ah... don't let the buggers get you down." He told him reassuringly.