Chapter 15: Video Vixen

"I was waiting up for you."

It was now five in the morning. Stanza had just walked in and by the scowl on his face, I knew he was angry. I expected it though. Marcellius had already warned me to check out social media. Stanza was the number one trending topic and had been for the last three hours. The little scuffle that happened in the club was plastered all over celebrity news. I didn't even think it was a big deal at the time, but apparently everyone else in the world did. Although Pierre was the catalyst of the entire situation, Stanza was the one being blamed for everything. One video showed Pierre throwing the liquor on the gay guy. Another video showed Stanza defending me from Pierre. Yet, and still Stanza was the one being called an homophobe.

The media had framed its own story and the general public was eating it up.

Stanza walked around the room, not even looking at me. He had every right to be angry but I also had the right to be. I mean it was his friend who started the entire ordeal. Plus he made me come back to the hotel when I could have enjoyed the rest of my night with him. I was the one who should have been mad. He sat on the bed beside me, taking his shoes off, facing the opposite direction.

I sighed before talking. Guess I would be the one to apologize. "I didn't mean for any of this to go down."

No answer.

I sucked my teeth and raised my voice. "I know that you're mad but walking in here without saying anything to me is childish, don't you think?"

He looked back at me like I had cursed his mother out. "What do you want me to say, Kareem?"

"I mean anything, just don't ignore me like you don't see me apologizing. I retorted.

"Man, I aint got time for this, If you gone bitch all night, I can get another room." He fussed standing to his feet.

"Wow", I replied shaking my head, "you're really mad at me for defending myself against your dumbass friend.

"No I'm mad because the entire situation could have been avoided if you would have listened to me and chill out."

I was chilled the entire time. He was the one getting in my face, threatening me. Why didn't you check him?!" I was yelling but it was out of frustration. It seemed like he was putting everything on me.

"I did check him. He was being stupid, just like you were."

"How was I being stupid?" I asked with sarcasm.

He kissed his teeth. "By even saying something in the first place. He's my friend. You should have let me handle that. He didn't disrespect you at all."

"But he poured liquor all over...

"It wasn't you though Kareem! DAMN! You don't have to be a social justice warrior for every homophobic thing you see or hear! Stanza yelled. If it wasn't directed to you, you should have sat there and mind your business so I could have handle my friend.

I shrugged my shoulders. "He was disrespecting me by disrespecting that guy!"

"See there you go again. Man I don't have time for this."

"I'm just being honest. I hope you didn't think he was just talking to me and that guy tonight. Every hatred thing that spewed outta his mouth was directed to you too. You're just too deep in the closet to understand it." I spat back.