Chapter 6: Me, You, and Hennesy (E)

Continuing

"Stanza only wants to see you from now on."

The words echoed across my ear drums before it got to my brain. I looked Melinda over, searching for an ounce of doubt on her face. Why in the world would Stanza want to be left alone in a room with me? It seemed like we couldn't even occupy the same for more than an hour without World War 3 popping off. Yet , here he was, kicking Antonio to the curb....for me

Poor Antonio, He should've known better than to put his heart over his hustle anyway. His stupidity caused him his bag and there was no one to blame for that but himself.

The routine once again was the same. I was searched, and patted down by Marcellius. My phone was removed from my possession and now here I was standing with Melinda, waiting on a late as hell Stanza.

Deja vu.

"So... where is Stanza?" Another hour had went by and I was now trying to break the longing  silence in the room.

Melinda looked up from her phone while exhaling sharply. She was obviously annoyed by my simple question. That much was indicated by her dramatic eye roll I've grown tired of. "He actually just cut an important business meeting with his label executives just to come and meet with you." She looked me up and down hard. "So be grateful."

Grateful?" I questioned. She must didn't know I could have been at home in my bed, doing absolutely nothing. Yes, Stanza was an A- list celebrity, but this was still a job that I was requested for. If anybody should be grateful, it was him.

"Yes. Grateful. I'm sure Stanza is in a league of his own compared to the rest of your clients. It's not like you're not getting paid to be here." She replied in a daring tone. I could tell she was trying to speak to me in the same manner I witness her speak to Antonio. She wouldn't admit it but I could tell she thought she were superior to people like Antonio and I. Her eye rolls and sarcastic remarks spoke volumes.

"I just assumed he would be on time. I do have other things and other people I could be doing." I stated, challenging her "grateful" remark. Maybe today would be the day I put her in check. Besides I owe her for the threats she brought up in my house last week.

"What else could you be doing? Getting your back blown out just to pay your tuition." She laughed, directing her undivided attention from her phone to me.

"Melinda humble yourself, you're acting like my first night here, I didn't catch you getting your back blown out by a dusty security guard. What kind of benefits you get with that package?" I stated as fury filled her eyes. "You coulda at least gave your pussy up to Stanza's hype-man, he has more clout than a security guard."

"Don't worry about my pussy or who I give it to. Worry about enjoying your time here while it last." Melinda walked closer to my face. "cause just like Antonio you can be replaced."

I smirked. "You think so?"

"I know so. Once he get what he want from you, you'll be in the recycle bin..... just like the others before you."

My mind halted. There was others before Antonio.

"That's your first mistake, comparing me to other people, Melinda. If I do allow Stanza to get what he want from me, trust and believe you'll be seeing a lot more of my handsome face. Better get use to it.