Kansas: 2

5 Years Later - Friday

Seventeen Years Old

Michael

The drizzle of the rain lightened further, as Michael stared out the window of his father's seven-seater truck. Beside him, his youngest brother, Sam, sat reading, as usual. He was now too tall to sit in the seats in the trunk, and so Dean was there, staring out of his own window with a dreamy expression, Nirvana distinctly blasting through his headphones. Mary was in the passenger seat, her head rested against the window, her blonde, hair protecting her from the cold of the glass. And of course, John was driving, silently, besides his slow hum of an unrecognisable tune.

Michael's eyes drifted from the blur of the trees to read the green sign that they passed, depicting bold, white letters: -

Welcome To
Lawrence Kansas

A ghost of a smile crept up on his lips as they drove down the familiar roads, an excitement bubbling within him as well as a pull in his gut. He couldn't wait to see Lucifer. Of course, there was also the riddle of anxiety that twisted around his excitement.

What if he had moved on?

Lucifer

Lawrence High had always been an outstanding school, although recently it had gotten a name for being 'rough'. This was because of the known fact that certain drugs were being past around by a minority of the students, and also consumed on the premises.

One of these students was Lucifer Novak.

Lucifer was leant on the side of the school's building, laughing, the bong held firmly in his right hand. "N-no! But, he," He tried again between each fit of laughter that possessed him. "He looked like a proper pig! He was so pink and...chubby!"

"He probably has a tail!" Azazel exclaimed and Crowley fell into a fit of laughter. Their conversation wasn't funny at all, but in that moment, high off whatever Crowley had brought with him today, anything would be found as hilarious.

"Hey!" A stern yell sounded, and they scrambled to their feet, only just realising they had been right under the principles window. "My office! Now!"

"Oh fuck," Lucifer sighed as he threw the bong behind him and lead the way around the building. "Do you think she saw it?" He asked once they were out of earshot of the window.

Abaddon tilted her head to the side, examining his puffy red eyes and tired like state. "I don't think it'll matter," she chuckled as she reached up, messing up his hair.

They reached the front entrance within a matter of seconds and walked into the silent corridors just as the speakers croaked: -

"Lucifer Novak, Crowley MacLeod, Abaddon Sands and Azazel Godfrey to the Principles Office now!"

Lucifer frowned, "Oh shit, what did we do?"

This caused the others to laugh, Abaddon wheezing, "You really are off your face, aren't you?"

"Just a bit..." He replied, quietly, as they approached the office.

Michael

The house was much like the one they use to have, except it was a couple streets closer to Lawrence High. It was nice and homely, with it's warm, toned, neatly stacked bricks and it's small, windows with diamond patterns on. As soon as the car stopped, all three them rushed out, grinning in excitement.

"I get to choose first bedroom!" Dean, who was now sixteen, called, running in after John and straight up the stairs. Michael was surprised to see him so energetic, as he'd been quite torn-up over moving away from his friends, although now he appeared back to himself. And not himself, as in before he was told that they were moving back to Lawrence, but back to himself as the boy before he started High School. The playful brother rather than the douchebag, too-cool-for-family jock.