Teaser

Alright, squad. I need your thoughts on this. Please vote and comment. 

<3 :)

***

'A star fell from heaven and smiled upon me.'

***

His blue eyed gaze glide over my face, trying to figure out what's happening to me. Pain has contaminated my body and it's circulating like the fastest, most deadly poison. It's been days since my last blackout and it's making Valentine more concerned than ever. My own eyes study his appearance, from his disheveled hair to his tense jawline and down to the veins threatening to pop from his arms and wrists.

"Saphira, I can't watch you go through this," he says. "I'm calling James." 

My face scrunches at the mention of Doctor James, the in-house vampire physician. I've told him time and again that I'll be fine -that it will pass. I'm half a vampire for hell's sake.

Nothing has made me feel more human than him. He has cared for me in ways I couldn't fathom until now. Our love has grown deeper and more intimate. Like there is an invisible tether connecting our hearts and minds.

I try to protest but a sudden pain shoots through my stomach making my knees bend. Before I collapse to the floor, Valentine has me in his arms, pushing my hair out of my face. I'm sure I look more like a full-fledged vampire now than I did. 

"Fuck," he curses. "Saphira." 

His other hand cradles my neck and head while he uses his body to keep me up. He takes us both to the bed where I've just spent the entire day sleeping and writhing in pain. I grab onto his arm as he lowers me. I hear a faint tapping on the floor and realize James has entered the room. 

"How long has she been like this?" James asks. The tone in his question is unpredictable. 

"Two days," Valentine answers with an evident sign of distress in his voice. I haven't agreed to anything he's suggested. Well, except for blood, of course. 

James comes around and takes my arm to check my pulse. I know my heart has been beating like a jackrabbit the last couple of days. I inhale sharply as a stabbing pain crawls over my stomach, traveling through my core. "Oh, god," I scream into the pillow and squeeze Valentine's wrist until my nails break the skin. 

"Have you had a sudden increase in bloodlust, Saphira?" He asks. 

"She drank Peter dry." He answers for me because I can't open my mouth or admit that I did. Peter was the one human I wanted to protect to prove myself that I can control my hunger. But I couldn't I snapped and before I knew it, he was gone. "She also feeds on two or three humans a night." 

James looks down at me and tries to use his abilities to diagnose me. I feel like a human who is going through the worst type of disease. He lifts his head and his gaze switches between the two of us. 

"You're not pregnant, are you?"He casually asks, getting right down to it. 

For a second, I forget about the pain as heat bursts from my neck and down to my arms and back. We both look at each other with shock as my mouth falls in disbelief. 

"Impossible," Valentine and I, both, say in unison. 

***

*insert evil laugh here* 

So..... there's a little snippet of what's gonna happen in this new book. 

>:} 

VOTE AND COMMENT BISHES