Chapter 6✨

Zena p.o.v

"Babygirl get up it's time for school. " My daddy said shaking me awake I damn near wanted to cry.

"Daddy can I please stay home I'm tired. " I said begging under the covers.

"Hell no get your ass up and get dress and come eat so you can get the hell out." He said. Pouting I threw the cover on the floor. My dad laughed and walked out the room.

"Why it had to be Wednesday why can't it be Friday." I mumble to myself. Checking my phone I saw that Marcus hung up. Going in the bathroom and using it I grab my facecloth and toothbrush and began my morning routine.

Finishing that up I headed to my closet I grabbed some black jeans a white Nike shirt and my black Huaraches. Grabbing all my things I walked out the room into my parents room I walked straight into my dads closet and grabbed his black sweat shirt that I absolutely loved to wear.

Going downstairs I sat at the table and ate the breakfast that was infront of me which consists of waffles, eggs, and sausage.

Noticing how quiet it was I finally looked up and saw that only dad was here.

"Dad did you cook breakfast?" I asked curious. Nodding his head he looked proud.

"Wow I'm surprise I haven't drop dead you barley know how to cook so for you to actually cook this is surprising." I said smirking as he mugged me.

"I'll have you know I'm an excellent cook and I learned along the way like a true artist." He said which had me dying.

"Okay dad I'm about to go." I said getting up and hugging him. He kissed my forehead and I headed out the door.

______________________________________________________

Arriving to school I headed to the cafeteria and went to sit down. I looked around and saw nobody I know or wanted to know I just put my headphones in and began to read a book on Wattpad.

I was so into the book I didn't notice that people decided to welcome their selves to the table I was sitting at. When I finally did notice their presence I notice it was Marcus, Quan, and Amara. Smiling I took out my headphones and turn my attention to them.

"Good Morning everyone. " I said even though I'm brick tired and ready for the day to be over.

Before I could get a response out of anyone more people came to the table and I rolled my eyes and sighed loud as hell.

"Hey Zena. " Jermaine said to me I mugged him and roll my eyes. I decided to ignore them I already irritated by the Lil sleep I had so him and his brother just being here might make me set off a bomb I'm really not ready to let off.

"Zena you ain't told me hi yet. " Marcus looked at me and I stared at him with a blank face.

"I told y'all good morning. " I said.

"I feel as though I should have a separate greeting. " Mugging him I turn towards Amara which had Quan laughing.

"She straight played your ass. " Quan said still laughing. Okay it's not that funny.

"So Zena how is Auntie and Unc. " Jamal asked.

"Oh I don't know good I guess

"Oh I don't know good I guess. " I said mentally patting myself on the back for being calm and collect.

Looking at my phone I sighed and saw that it was only 7:27. I'm about to stop coming to school early I hate waiting around.

"Hey Zena. " I heard somebody call out to me I was getting ready to mug whoever was behind me but I quickly squeal when I saw that it was Taylor.

"Taylorrrrr. " I yelled out loud jumping into his arms. I was on the verge of crying I missed my cousin.

"When did you get here? Where is Tiana? I miss y'all so much I could cry. " I said still hugging him.

"Girl get the hell off me and Tiana somewhere being a pin head like always. " He said laughing and pushing me off him. Boxing him in his chest I turnt back towards the table.

"Everybody meaning Marcus, Amara, and Quan I would like for y'all to meet my Lil cousin Taylor and Tiana is somewhere around here I don't know where. " I said. Taylor mushed my head.

"You stressed that 'lil' word to damn hard you only older by what 2 hours don't get slap. " He said I laughed and sat back at the table. Taylor sat next Amara.

"What's sup y'all? Any friend of Zena is a friend of mine." Taylor said dapping up Quan and Marcus he then turnt towards Amara and smirked at her. He grabbed her hand and kissed it. Dang cuz.

"Taylor stop being a flirt and text your sister and ask her to come here please. " I asked. Nodding his head. Waiting a good five minutes I heard her before I saw her.

"Fave. I missed you. " I heard Tiana yell out while she jump on me and hugged me while I was still in the chair.

"Okay cuz I miss you too. " I said. Then proceeded to introduce her to Amara, Quan, and Marcus. She said her hellos to everyone then she saw Jamal and Jermaine.

"Ugh you two. " She said mugging them. My mom and dad side never really fucked with each other both sides do the most but I still love them.

"Ugh you. " They said at the same time.

"Why y'all over here y'all fake asses only fucked with Zena at family functions but mean to her school yeah she told me. I bust heads over this one." She said. I began to laughed imma tell her like I told Marcus forget about them because he was gonna drag their asses out but I told him to chill.

"Girl calm your rowdy ass down they ain't ready." Taylor said. Shaking my head as soon as I took my phone out it rung. Seeing it was an unknown number I was hesitant to answer but did never less it could be an emergency.

"Hello is this Zena Thompson?" The person asked.

"Yes this is she." I said.

"I'm sorry to inform you that your father was rushed into the emergency room due to him falling unconscious. We would like for you to come in as soon as possible.

Hanging up the phone I let out a sob that caught everyone attention but I wasn't worried about them. I grabbed all my stuff and rushed out the cafeteria door. Throwing my stuff into the car I started to cry louder. Feeling somebody grabbed me.

"Zena what's wrong?" Marcus asked me pulling into his arms.

"I gotta go to the hospital my daddy. " I said crying into his shirt.

"Give me your keys I'm driving. " He said.

Hello lovely readers. I just wanna say thanks for the love I appreciate it. Enjoy, Vote, and Comment. Peace✌✌