Chapter 6

As the vampire and rougarou population grew so did the night mother's following. Soon her small group of worshippers became a large cult that bent to her will. Or at least what they thought was her will. She became scarce and dealt less and less with people as she caused them more trouble than she felt she should have. With her sense of sanity having returned over the years she only sought to live her life as she saw fit.

But, her absence only made the cult grow larger and larger. As it made her seem more god-like, a mysterious omen that could bring death or ill will upon anyone who crossed her. The fact that someone or something could make such a presence reassured the people and even if they lived in fear they were happy with their beliefs.

A young warlock became the head of the cult and began leading them how he saw fit. This warlock was a descendent of one of the original followers. The tribe died out and was forgotten about long ago.  He set up laws, rules, how they were to live, and a justice system. The justice system was how he felt the night mother would persecute anyone who broke his laws and rules. Laws being more weighty often resulting in death. Broken rules would either affect your life in a bad way or affect someone you were close to. 

The catch was that the warlock was casting the curses and spells upon people who didn't follow his wishes. And this is one thing the night mother could not tolerate especially since she has long since left her followers.