fourteen

=To say the least, Dex was frazzled. Today, he and Biana were going on their first date without the Neverseen interrupting, and he wanted everything to be perfect... Well, at least, semi- decent, because when one lived with triplets, one never got a perfect moment. First, the shirt he had originally planned to wear got covered in apple juice by Bex, then he had to chase Rex around the house for his pathfinder, then Lex wouldn't stop asking him questions like, "Where's mom?", "Is dad at the shop?", and "When are you leaving for your date?" That last one left a particularly bitter taste in his mouth, as he just wanted to leave before getting trapped in another whirlwind of trouble.

When he could finally escape and was standing outside the glittering gates of the palace known as Everglen, waiting for Biana to come out to meet him. He looked down at himself as a last check for any evidence of the chaos of home, when he found a dried apple juice stain on the side of his jeans, right over his waist band and the side of his pocket, backsplash from when Bex's drink had spilled on him. Great.

Hastily, he untucked his shirt and tied his jacket around his waist just as Biana started walking down the path. She was beautiful, but his heart sunk a little when he saw her. He was a little underdressed. Dex was wearing his faded red shirt untucked, and had a stiff, awkward jade colored brocade jacket tied around his waist, covering his apple juice-tarnished pants. His vest was longer, so that it just covered the top of his pants, but not enough to cover the stain, and a was made of a sandy corduroy material. It had no collar, and he left it open, the worn brass buttons that were dull in the light. He had left a wrenches tucked into his pocket, and he was pretty sure there were a handful worth of screws/nuts/bolts on him in his pant, jacket, shirt, and/or vest pockets; everything was from gnome knows when...

Biana, on the other hand, was wearing a teal dress that was fitted in the bust with a curved v-neck. The skirt swung merrily as she walked, and her baby pink heels clicked against the stone as she walked. From a distance, you could only see the glints of light shining off the short thin necklace around her neck that was a gold chain with little circular diamonds every few links. In the front center of the necklace, there was an extra diamond encrusted chain dangling down for a tear drop shaped diamond to rest over her upper ribs, only an inch or two away from the neck of the dress. She wore the butterfly earrings from the triplets, and the pale pink clutch she carried not only matched the color of the shoes, but had a gold argyle line design all over it, so it went with the earrings too. Her hair was down and her french tipped nails went nicely with the whole ensemble, he realized, as she combed some of her hair back behind her ear. Neutral eyeshadow and mascaraed eyelashes framed her teal eyes; the same eyes that fell on him with a smile, making him feel self conscious as this beautiful girl looked her slobbishly dressed boyfriend up and down, her pale pink painted lips in a pleasant smile.

Before she could comment on his outfit, he smiled, "You look beautiful."

"You don't look too bad yourself," she replied with a dazzling smile that might as well be considered blinding.

He laughed a little, "The wrench begs to differ."

"No, it's very you," Biana corrected, looping her arm through his, "I like it."

Dex felt a blush creep up his neck, and quickly changed the subject, "Are you ready to go?" His girlfriend - girlfriend - nodded, and together, they light leaped to Vesta Vita's, the place where they usually went with their friends.

Once in Mysterium, Biana laced her fingers through his, and he sported a deep blush the entire time she lead him through the tides of hungry elves all wanting to eat dinner. It was all a blur for Dex, the street signs and buildings, who they were passing by, because he was so focused on his girlfriend. When they arrived at Vesta Vita's, they saw that the line was out the door. Biana didn't seem bothered by this, and Dex didn't want to question her, so he followed her lead, even though he'd rather eat somewhere with a lesser wait time. That was what he was supposed to do during dates, right?