three

+He couldn't escape her this time, Biana made sure of it. Keefe had to visit Candleshade every now and then for some time to keep the Council from being suspicious of him. She was waiting in his room- she had vanished to get inside without being detected- just behind the door so he couldn't see her, but when he was in the room, she could finally trap him. She knew that this was something a petty girlfriend would usually do, but for the past week she had been trying to find him. Apparently he stopped going to school, and whenever she went to Candleshade before, his mother had told her he wasn't home. She went to his usual brooding spots, and asked around, but no one had really seen him but his parents.

Now, you must be wondering, how did Biana finally find out that Keefe visited Candleshade sometimes, and even more importantly- when. You see, Keefe's father had sent her a message the other day describing his worries for the well being of his son. He thought that if anyone could find out what was wrong with him, it'd be Biana. Quickly, she agreed, wishing it wasn't so far away, and had dreamed of what she would say the night before.

Biana held her breath as footsteps drew near the door. She could hear a voice muttering- Keefe's voice- but she couldn't make out what he was saying. As soon as he was far enough in the door she closed it when a bang, holding her hand over it to show that she wasn't letting him escape this time. Her heart thumped loudly in her chest as he turned around, his icy blue eyes hard on hers, but she still kept her game face on. Now was not the time to let fear take over. "We need to talk," she said as levelly as she could.

Her boyfriend sighed, clearly annoyed, "About what?" He practically spat the last word, and anger bubbled in her chest.

"Um, hello? Where do I begin?!" Biana began to count of on her fingers, "You've been avoiding me, you're not going to school, and you missed my Winnowing Gala."

"So?" He raised an eyebrow and she couldn't help herself. She snapped.

"So? So? Keefe, what is going on with you?" She demanded, trying to focus on keeping light from passing through her body, giving away how upset she really was, "I'm your girlfriend, but I sure don't feel like it."

Exasperatedly, he made a gesture that displayed his shortening patience, "What do you want me to do then?" Biana swallowed, she hadn't expected this. "Well?" He asked her, rage boiling in his eyes.

She took a few more seconds to think before declaring her answer, "To take me out on dates, to smile with me, laugh with me... to talk to me." Biana balled her fists as a thought crept into her mind: Why did she have to tell him how to be her boyfriend? Shouldn't he just know how to treat her right? "To think of me."

"Would you like a glass of champagne with that as well?" Keefe rolled his eyes rudely. "I don't think Sophie-"

Biana stopped him right there, "Are you serious? I don't think I'm asking that much. I'm just asking for you to be part of my world and for you to let me be part of yours. And also, what does Sophie have to do with any of this?!" A sickly feeling washed over her as he started to laugh. Why was he laughing? She didn't mean to be funny... so why- Her heart dropped down to her stomach as she realized that he wasn't laughing with her, he was laughing at her.

"Do you know- Do you know how busy I am? Do you really think I have time to love you?" Her boyfriend said in between laughs with this icy, wicked air about him- or that might be because of the fury boiling in her stomach, Biana wasn't sure. She was too busy trying to sort out the raging hurricane of emotions whipping around inside her. "And Sophie-" Keefe calmed down slightly, "Sophie's different." Biana's jaw almost dropped. Was he still in love with Sophie?

"Well you seem to have time to love Sophie," bitterly, Biana tested him. She had to know.

"I do," answered Keefe, his tone hard and serious, clearly telling the truth.