chapter 6

I could feel Drew tossing and turning next to me. I woke up and put my hand on his chest making him stop. He slowly opened his eyes and looked at me. He looked me in the eyes.

"Hey darlin'," Drew said rubbing my hair out of my face.

"You ok," I said lying on his chest.

He sighed rubbing his hand on his face.

"I'm fine don't worry about me ok," Drew said kissing the top of my head.

We ended up getting carried away, which landed me a month later on a doctor's table.

"Well Mrs.Jameson it likes you have a baby in there," said the female doctor after a put my clothes on.

"Really! How far along," Drew said getting excited.

"Bout a month," Dr.Hardwell said with a smile.

Drew and I looked at each other and busted out laughing.

"Thanks for waking me up babe," Drew said kissing me laughing.

We left the doctor's office and went to Amy's house to find no one there.

"Where are they," I asked Drew.

He had already taken out his phone and was calling Amy. She answered after three ring as Drew reversed out the driveway.

"Hello Drew I'm at the hospital Anna went into labor," Amy rushed out.

"Ok we are on the way," Drew said ending the call.

It took us six minutes to get to the hospital. By the time we got there I saw Noah he ex-husband looking inside the nursery.

"Hey where's Amy," I asked Noah.

"Look how beautiful she is," he said ignoring my question. I looked into the window to see where he was pointing. I looked over to see Noah crying.

"I left cause I didn't want our little girl growing up with a suicidal coward of a man. I love Anna but she deserves more than me. He mom is right about everything," Noah said.

I hugged him telling him that sometimes it's the little things that changed who we are. Amy and Drew were standing behind us. Amy was crying.

"Is that true," Amy said walking to us.

"Yes," Noah said.

Amy hugged him and told him to go talk to Anna.

"Babe you're amazing," Drew said wrapping me in his arms.

"So am I gonna be a grandma again from you two," Amy asked with her hands on her hips.

"Yes you are," I said into Drew's chest.

He was beginning to goof around. It had to be the funniest thing to see a big grown ass man hold on to a small woman in the middle of a hospital. His head was on my breast, arms around my waist, while his legs were spread out everywhere.

"Are you comfortable Drew,' I asked patting his hair.

"Very," he answered back.

I laughed and slowing pulled him to me. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him. I loved my Drew. I didn't know what I would do without him.

"I have to leave in a month baby. I'm getting attached to your love," Drew said.

I busted out laughing at his game. Nia ran up to us and wedged between us.

"Did you see her? Do you see her," Nia said hoping up and down. Drew picked her up to let her see.

"Yea I did baby and did you hear her name," I asked walking to the window.

"Sara Lynn James-Harper," Anna said out of nowhere.

"Why are you up you just gave birth? What if you pull something? Or something falls out," Drew said turning into a big brother.

Anna and I both looked at him like he was crazy.

"Im fine I've done this before Drew. They took everything out and my body is stable," Anna said looking at her baby.

"I like her name it matches her. She looks like you," I said smiling.

"Thanks... so you'll bring me a boy," Anna said rubbing my belly.

"Oh yes," Drew said doing a pelvic thrust to the floor. I don't even understand how he got down that fast but he did.

Anna and I died laughing.

"I see why you're pregnant now," my sister Gwen said out of nowhere.

She walked over to us smiling. I gave her a hug and kiss on the cheek.

"Congratulations Anna, she's beautiful," Gwen said not looking at the baby.

"Thanks," Anna said.

I noticed that when we weren't looking my sister looked at the baby very sadly. I wish she would talk to me about her miscarriage but she just ignored me whenever I asked.

Once we left the hospital we headed to the supermarket. While we were walking Mika started to act weird. We passed by this African American girl around his age. She looked at our family then smiled and waved. I looked back to see Mika blushing and running his. I looked back to see Mika blushing and running his fingers through his hair. He walked slowly up to her and said hi. I ran my hand up Drew's back making him look.

"I guess we have to have the sex talk with him now," Drew said putting his hands in his pocket. I lightly hit him in the chest with the back of my hand. He acted like it hurt and laughed.

"Mik who's that? Better not take you away from me," Nia said acting jealous. Causing all of us to laugh.

The girl walked over and talked to us. Her name was Sammie and they went to school together. Everything was fine until this couple showed up.

"Sam what are you doing talking to these people," said the woman who I take it was her mom.

"I was being friendly to them they are Mika's family," Sam answered.

Drew stepped up.

"Hello sir I'm Drew Jameson this is my wife Maria, our daughter Nia Rose, and nephew Mika," Drew said putting out his hand only for the man to look at it like it was a disease. Drew was clenching his jaw but he just sighed and let his hand drop.

"Sammie come here," her mom, told her grabbing her.

"Don't talk to him ever," her father told her.

"Why not," I said getting protective over my Mika.

"Your family is disgusting mixing together like that," the mom said.

"You must be new in town," I said getting angry. How dare she say those things about my family? She better count her blessing because she is about to see Jesus. I felt Drew's hand on my back.

"Yes I don't want my daughter around you all," the mother said looking at my daughter, " what a shame that baby growing up like that."

Before I could stop myself my fist connected with her face.

"Bitch don't you ever talk about my family. A shame that your child has to grow up with such racist people," I screamed just as Drew held me back. Literally this Hulk I called my husband picked me up in one scoop.

"Drew get your wife. I got these people don't worry about paying for the food," said the store manger.

"Thanks Dill," Drew said kissing my forehead.

"She's not worth it. Think of the baby," Drew said whispering carrying me out the store. When we got into the car Drew had calmed me down. Mika looked sad so Drew had to talk to him. For the rest of the day we were very quiet.

Fuck Rasism.