[1] Saved only to be forced to marry. Yay me.

Hello (: Haha this is my first story - hope you like it! Comment please, even a dot will do :D Haha. Thanks! <3 Nicole!

----- Saved only to be forced to marry. Yay me. ----- Part 1.

I looked out of the window, watching the raindrops slide down the glass, leaving smears of their vanishing presences. Oh, they had the power to vanish; I wish I could too.

For starters, I don't have a family. I was accidental, uncalled for. According to Josie, the manager of this orphanage, my mum delivered me here personally, and demanded that the orphanage take me in. After filling out some forms and stuff, she took off and never came back.

*Flashback*

"Josie, have you ever known my mum?" I asked. She squinted at me, then smiled. "Oh, Nikki, it's you." She shooed me into her office, closing the wooden door behind her. I took in my surroundings.

Her office was clean, neat, with stacks of books filling each bookshelf. I made a mental note to ask for her permission to borrow some one day. "Nikki." Her voice snapped me out of my thoughts and I looked at her expectantly, waiting for her to continue.

Josie sighed. "What do you want to know?" I deliberated over that for a moment - I wasn't really sure.

THE HECK YES I WAS. Why did she leave me? What was her name? Where was my father? Did I look like her? The questions filled my head and it threatened to explode there and then. Great. Which one should I pick? Or could I ask all?

I turned my head to see Jodie laughing. I laughed along with her, she probably sensed my dilemma. After the delicious sounds of our laughter subsided, she looked at me seriously. "What do you want to know Nikki?"

I gulped. What exactly did I want to know?

"Everything," I whispered, my voice barely audible. We seldom went into topics like these - for me it was sensitive, my heart always felt like breaking all over again. Jodie put an arm around me, knowing that my heart was bleeding inside.

"Her name was Lizzie James. She had dark brown hair, and her eyes were the loveliest shade of green. She was, in a word, beautiful. Lizzie came to me, one day, out of the blue

.

"It was an ordinary night, no storms nothing. I had just put everyone to bed when the bell rang. Keelee got up with me, insisting that she come along. I agreed. The ringing got more urgent, and I was wondering who the crazy baboon was, pressing the bell so many times.

"I opened the door, and there she was. Lizzie was carrying you, and her eyes were wild and scared. She thrust you at me, demanding that I take you in. I refused, not until she signed some paperwork.

"After much convincing she finally agreed. I sneaked a look at you then. Your huge green eyes stared back at me and at that moment I didn't care. I knew that I would give my love to you. Lizzie hadn't bothered to cover you up well."

Josie stopped for a while to catch her breath, and I just sat there, stunned and overwhelmed. Lizzie James. My mother.

Josie cleared her throat and continued.

"You were in a dirty blanket, not wrapped properly. Your cheeks were sunken in, and I could see that your eyes were dull and lifeless. I asked myself what she had done to you. Nikki, honey, you were so weak you didn't even have the strength to cry.

"Your eyes were shut most of the time, and when they were open, they were pleading. Pleading for the love your mother was clearly unable to give to you.