4. Dear D

October 22, 2017

Dear D,

It was yesterday you took her away. My daughter. You took away my seven year-old daughter, so I could never see her again. Why did you do it? I will never see her grow up. I will never hear her laugh again.

And it's all your fault.

October 31, 2017

Dear D,

Today is a week and a half after you took my daughter. It is also Halloween. Do you know she loved Halloween? I stayed up countless nights to prepare her costume. She wanted to be an angel -- I told her she was already an angel every day, but she insisted on white wings and a halo. Now, I'll never see her in her angel costume.

Do you feel satisfied?

November 10, 2017

Dear D,

It's my birthday today. I'm spending it alone, because I have no one to celebrate it with. You have taken away everyone I could have celebrated with, from my parents to my friend to my daughter. You took everybody I ever loved, I ever cared about.

Take me, too.

November 22, 2017

Dear D,

It has now been one month since you took her, it has been thirty days. When I first woke up, I felt angry. Angry at you, angry at the world. Then, as I prepared to leave the house, I felt sad. Sad I couldn't see my daughter, sad she had to go so soon. Now, as I sit here writing this letter, I feel nothing.

Even now, as I watch my wrist bleed, I feel nothing.

December 27, 2017

Dear D,

I'm sorry, it's been a while since I've written. The doctors refused to let me leave the hospital. At first, it was because of the amount of blood I had lost. Then, it was because of what I did. He said they're trying to help me, but they can't help me.

He can only help me by returning my daughter, and that will never happen.

January 1, 2018

Dear D,

Do you know that today is the start of a new year? Ever since I first found out I was pregnant, dreamed of the New Year's celebrations we would have together. Apparently, all that dreaming was useless. Though, there is something I want to tell you today, on the day of the new year. Happiness Today, the therapy I visit twice a week, made me realize that I cannot blame you for what you did.

You must hate taking just as much as I hate you for taking everyone.

February 14, 2018

Dear Death,

This will be my last letter to you. During the past four months, I have had time to grieve and hate and blame. But I think it is time for me to move on.

Don't get me wrong, I still miss my daughter terribly. I would trade anything to have her alive and in my arms again. But, I will no longer blame you for taking her, you were only doing your job, and I am sure it is not a job you enjoy doing.

I will burn this letter and all the letters before it. I will stop hurting and begin living for my daughter. I will remember the happy memories I shared with everyone, instead of just the last memory I had.

So, this is a thank you. A thank you and a goodbye.

***

There are quite a few books on Wattpad written like this, and I wanted to try my own hand at it. There were only five letters, and I think it was pretty obvious who 'D' was, but I enjoyed writing this nonetheless. I hope you liked it as well. :)