6. Sick of Playing Cupid (not literally)

As a fairy godmother, I consider it my job to help my godchildren find their way to love, proof in quite a few fairy tales. I wasn't mentioned in all of them, but I played a part in almost all of them. I could list them all out, but that would take forever. Besides, I wanted a love interest of my own; it became a little sickening to always play Cupid. 

"Pardon?"

I didn't need to turn around to see Cupid flying around, his wings dropping plates.

"You know what I meant," I sighed, turning around to face him. As this wasn't a one-time thing, I was no longer surprised by his random appearances whenever I even thought his name. 

Cupid laughed, folding his wings and settling on the ground. "I'll admit, though, that new look of yours is most certainly going to do you favors."

I bit my lip to keep from retorting. No matter how many times I told him I was currently in my natural form, he still chose to believe I was usually a short, plump, white grandma.

"If you have nothing important to say, you can leave now," I grumbled. "I'm a very busy godmother."

"Sure you are," he snorted. "But I actually came here to suggest you check out the EFFUC in about four minutes."

I turned around to face Cupid, an eyebrow raised. "The Enchanted Forest For Unknown Characters?" I asked. "What for?"

Cupid merely shrugged. "If you trust me, I suggest you start moving. Clock's ticking." Before I could say I didn't trust him, he was gone.

For a minute or two, I remained in the chair. However, I eventually sighed and stood up.

***

"What am I doing here?" I grumbled to myself as I walked around the EFFUC. I was contemplating going back when I heard someone.

"Hello?" a tall figure yelled.

I perked up. Was he why Cupid wanted me to be here? I stepped closer, trying to catch a better look.

The man stumbled towards me, and the moonlight shone down on his face, revealing two pointed fangs.

My heart began racing as I stepped closer. I told Cupid constantly my ideal type was a vegan vampire. Was this possibly his doing?

"Excuse me!" I yelled, running to the vampire. "Excuse me, are you vegan?"

The vampire glanced at me, a frown on his face. "Yes," he said uncertainly, "but who are you?"

"I'm Faith!" I greeted, "a fairy godmother."

His face lit up. "I'm Vincent, a vampire."

I smiled. "I know." I was about to speak again when his eyes suddenly widened and he fell towards me. "Woah!" I quickly caught him as we sank to the ground. He leaned over me, and I caught a glimpse of a pink arrow before it vanished.

I looked up, just in time to see a flying figure vanish. Vincent groaned as he stood up, but it faded when he made eye contact. 

Thank you, Cupid, I thought as I smiled at the faint pink in both of Vincent's eyes.

***

This was written for the competition by @BrittanieCharmintine which you all should check out!