[7] Don't Vex The Cook

Start from the beginning

Katsu sighed in protest. "I don't appreciate you stealing her away. Aren't I supposed to be watching her all morning?"

Damon waved him off. "Change of plan. Rei wants to see you so I'm taking over."

Katsu groan loadly and began to slip on his shirt, but you were distracted by Vincent, who had wrapped his hand gently around your wrist. "Do it with precision, otherwise he'll get upset."

•··················♛··················•

When you reached the kitchen, you weren't surprised to see a large mess of cutlery and food scattering on the tables.

"What...did Vincent do." You muttered to yourself, but Damon's pause indicated he had heard.

"He has no other skills besides fighting and being at Rei's beck and call, that's what."

You stood awkwardly as he swore multiple times whilst rummaging the cupboards. He finally emerged with a sharp knife and handed it to you.

"Cut the onions."

You scanned the table and quickly stationed yourself at the cutting board, trying your best to remember what Vincent had told you.

Precision...

Damon's eyes were trained on you as you began.

You dared not to look away as you cut, despite your eyes tearing up.

This might have been your worst morning with the Raiders yet.

•··················♛··················•

Surprisingly, you found the little tasks Damon assigned you with relatively easy...other than with the onions.

You were able to work efficiently, which allowed Damon to get into the rythm of his own cooking. You hadn't exchanged a word although you took the silence as a sign you were doing a good job. At the very least, he had stopped swearing.

It was only a while into cooking where you risked a couple glances to watch him work. He was incredible.

He moved swiftly between different stations, stirring different pots and adding spices. The smell made your mouth salivate.

He moved over to you once you were done and began putting the ingredients in another bowl.

He finally broke the silence. "For a princess, you certainly can work well in a kitchen."

A genuine compliment. You shook your head. "Thank you, I'm quite surprised too."

As a princess, you were prohibited from ever entering the kitchen in the palace. If you wanted to eat, you had a maid to bring you food.

Some important lessons that were required of you included dancing, writing, history, and public speaking.

No lesson's on looking after yourself were necessary with maids lurking at every corner.