Snapping my fangs near his face, only two inches and I would've been able to just kill him. Instead, I threw him out the door as he landed with a loud bang as I roared out in aggression while he scampers away.

    Breathing heavily, I walked out of the room with aggression still pumping in my veins. My eyes taking everything thing in, every little detail and every spot of everything. Nothing is missed as I took the last step of the stairs and to the kitchen.

    Mother is on me in an instant, hugging me to her like her dear life is in line. I hugged her back, smelling her neck and taking in her scent of honey and freshly baked pastries...sweet.

    Pulling back, she cupped my face in her hands as she searched my face for something.

    "Are you OK? What happened? Did he provoke you? Did he hurt you? What fell? Did you fell? We heard the loud sound of something or someone falling, I couldn't run to you because your father is playing possessive monkey again." She rambled worriedly as dad groaned when she called him possessive monkey.

    "Mom I'm fine. I'm OK now" I assured her that has Ducleus scoffing in disbelief.

    "Fine is not the adjective that is used with what I saw earlier" he gritted out sending a protective growl my way.

    Ducleus is like a second father to me. Met him in Greece during a business trip, beaten and barely alive. The other Spartans call him weak as he laid on the dirt all bloodied and bruised. None cared enough to help him so I did. I didn't know that it is in the Spartan code not to help a beaten Spartan because once a Spartan is beaten, he is considered the lowest in rank.

    You help him, you go down with him.

    That's what they didn't know though, instead of me falling with him, we rose together. The business trip turned to battle as I spent the whole day fighting with the Spartans, it's a hard climb because of their unending stamina and endurance but every time I tire out and reach my limit, I pushed myself up and fight with even the tiniest grain of strength I have and before the sun finally sets, I'm the only one left standing while the rest lay down battered. That's the start of Ducleus' rise. He became my friend and somehow, he sees me as a hero; saying that how I never gave up somehow awakened the sleeping strength inside him that leads him to where he is now. I didn't even know that Ducleus is Dad's long lost friend.

    Mom looked back at me in worry before she pushed me to sit down on a stool while standing in front of me with her arms crossed over her chest and a stern look on her face.

    I sighed, grumbling an 'again' under my breath with that look.

    "What happened?" She asked as Dad, and Ducleus stared at me, waiting for my answer.

    "It's nothing" I said as I heaved out a heavy sigh, feeling that empty feeling again.

    "Remember Erica, Antonio? Our classmate that said she's fine when we had our laps around the school gym when she's asthmatic and didn't admit that her asthma is kicking in? What happened to her again?" Mom said as she looked at me instead of dad.

    "She got admitted to the hospital but the doctors had a hard time because her case became unbearable. Her family's financial possession got sucked out just to keep her alive but in the end, she died. The sacrifice is put to waste." Dad answered impassively as mom's point was realized. Somehow the last statement has me flinching like the words just slapped me.

    "The lesson is, you're not only affecting yourself but everyone around you too. Zach, you need to tell us what happened so that we know how we can help you. You don't need to worry about being labeled as weak because all of us need help...whether we admit it or not" mom spoke softly to me as she rested her hand on my head.

    Looking down guiltily, she took it as a sign that I understand.

    "Now tell us what happened"

★★★★★

    "NO!! You're lying! She's not-…she's not-" I broke down crying as dad and mom wrapped their arms around me, trying hard to comfort me. Except...I can't be comforted anymore. Never will I ever be comforted.

    "She's not dead. She's not dead" I keep chanting as I feel like suffocating while my other side whimper and howl in pain.

    Her smile flashed in my mind, her eyes twinkling in happiness as her raven black hair cascaded down her shoulders in a beautiful flow. I can't believe I won't be able to see her again. I can't believe I will never be able to see her smile again, hear her laugh, her voice, feel her presence....

    I can't believe Lex is dead.

************************************************************

    AN: Don't kill me! I know I'm bad with cliffhangers but...

    *someone threw a shoe at me*

    Hey! Rude people. Rude.

    *another throw*

    *ducks* geeez someone hates me. Anyways, I gotta go before I got hit by a shoe. *gets hit by a shoe in the head*

   OK...I think there are stars around my head. One...two...*faints*

    Good night to me ;)

-MA_011