The Campus

Thank you for reading! :) This is a really boring chapter...

~~~

Chapter 2- The Campus

I woke up to the sun shining through the window and instinctively turned over, but remembering where I was, I eventually got up. I turned to see Zayn had already left. I wondered where he was, classes don’t start until the next two days. Whatever. I got out of bed and sighed, I was still wearing the clothes I had on yesterday. I walked into our bathroom (Thank god I got a dorm with a private bathroom.) and took a shower. I got out, my hair dripping wet. I walked into the room with a towel wrapped around my body and, quite litterally, jumped 50 feet into the air.

“Oh my god! Zayn when did you get here?!” I said clutching the towel tighter. He looked up at me instantly his eyes shot back down to the floor.

“Ah, I’m sorry,” he blushed, “I just came back from my friends room and- I’m sorry”

“Uh… it’s fine” I said scrambling to find an outfit to put on. I grabbed something random and ran back into the bathroom. I put on what I decided was a pretty decent outfit; studded shorts an a v-neck. I slowly walked out to the room and sat on my bed, trying to avoid eye contact with Zayn. Awkward.

“I’m seriously sorry” he said staring at me with an apologetic glance, smiling slightly.

“No, it’s fine. I had a towel anyway. No big deal...” I said, braiding my soaking hair.

“I’m still sorry” he laughed lightly.

“It's cool. I'm going to Starbucks…” I reached under my bed and pulled out shoes.

“Bye” he waved as I slid them on and walked to the door, remembering to put my phone and my wallet in my pocket,

“Bye” I said, before closing the door behind me. I walked down the stairs and walked to the Starbucks that was on the campus. I waited in line uncomfortably until I finally got to the front.

“Um, could I have an... iced white chocolate mocha?” 

“Yeah, sure” the redheaded cashier muttered. I got my drink and and paid. Noticing how crowded the place was, I walked out the store. I really didn’t want to go back to my room knowing that Zayn was still there and things would be strange so I walked around exploring the university grounds. It was so nice, there were tons of flowers and the grass was unnaturally green. I was walking down one of the paths when a girl bumped into me. I almost fell, but I caught my balance.

“Oh my god,” she said laughing, “I’m sorry! My friend's an idiot and pushed me into you.” she said turning her head to glare at a boy with a huge grin on his face.

“Oh, it’s fine” I said, starting to walk off before she called out to me.

“I’m Lindsey, what’s your name?” I turned around and she jogged closer to me.

“I’m Amanda,” I smiled.

“Well hey Amanda, my friend Jace and I have to go  but, I just met you… and this is crazy but can I give you my number so you could possibly call me maybe?” she asked, in the tune of the song Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen. God, I really hated that song.

“Ah, sure” I giggled. I pulled out my phone unlocked it and created a new contact handing my phone to Lindsey so she could put her number in and she handed me hers and I put mine in.

“Thank you! Bye chica!” she said before running off to her friend. That was bizarre, but I smiled, I just made a new friend. I roamed the pretty campus for another hour or so and went to McDonalds before heading back to my dorm. I saw Zayn sitting in his chair, on his laptop. He was wearing a completely different outfit from what I remembered. He looked up at me and smiled.