Ryan Imagine-The One

Fleur’s Imagine 2

 (Fleur’s POV)

 ‘FLEUR, COME BACK!’ Is all I hear from behind me as I struggle with my suitcase down the stairs of the apartment block. I hurry along, tears leak from my eyes as I breathe heavily and sniff while wiping the tears falling down my face. I reach the door of the apartment to the outside and a feel I hand violently pull my wrist back.

 ‘YOU ARE STAYING WITH ME!’ my boyfriend, Matt, shouts in face while tugging my hair viciously.

I manage to free myself from his grip and run as fast as I can with my suitcase. I get to my car, chuck my suitcase in the boot, get in the driver’s side and lock all the doors so Matt can’t touch me; not anymore. I guess after all this time my emotions have all just bottled up. So all I can do is release them all. I actually scream through my tears, I’ve held everything back for such a long time. I’ve held back a huge secret; Matt abused me through our whole relationship. If he was annoyed or angry about something he’d take it out on me.

I decide to drive to the person’s house who I turned down for Matt all them years ago; Ryan. Ryan told me five years ago that he loved me just before I went out with Matt. And I said no to Ryan to be with Matt. I was so stupid; Ryan wouldn’t have done what Matt did to me, EVER.

I reach his front door with my suitcase and ring the door-bell. He opens the door and quickly scans my stance. He sees the suitcase and his eyes instantly snap up to mine.

As soon as my eyes focus on his I burst out into a fresh layer of tears. I literally collapse on his doorstep struggling to breathe. Gulping down tears, whining through my cries for help. I feel the relief in my heart now my emotions are finally freeing.

The support of Ryan’s strong arms lifting me up feels like he’s doing the same to my soul. He helps me walk to his living room by allowing me to shift all my weight onto him; tears still escaping. I fall to the sofa; my knees too weak to hold my body up straight.

Ryan tries to calm me down; although he looks as terrified as I am because of the state I’m in.

All he does is engulf me in a strong, embracing hug and I relieve myself from all the hurt Matt has put me through today. I’ve never told Ryan what Matt has ever put me through. But I’m going to try to today.

I pull back, take the biggest sigh of relief and let out every single detail of how Matt used to abuse me. He just sits their horrified; the anger builds up in his face and he stands up to pace the room. He grabs fistfuls of his hair while I watch him stamp back and forth across the room.

After I while I get in the way of his path, putting him at stand till and I grab his arms. His muscles flex and I stare into his eyes yet again. Looking into them makes me feel so safe.

‘You should have told me sooner, Fleur’ he says.

‘I’m sorry, he told me that if I told anyone he’d hurt me more’ I reply.

I literally feel his heart sink further than it already has. Tears pour out of his eyes as I feel the anger inside him. Not necessarily anger towards Matt; but to himself. Because he believes he should have seen the signs of Matt’s abusive ways.

‘You weren’t to know, Ryan’ I reassure him as though I read his mind. He doesn’t even have to speak his thoughts, I can read his eyes.

‘I felt like I should have, Fleur’ he declares while looking down.

‘You know what I should have done, Ryan?’ I began and he looks up. ‘I should have picked you. I would be happy with you right now if I never wasted time and pain on him. Ryan I’m so sorry I didn’t realise this earlier. I went through too much pain before I finally discovered that it’s you that I belong with; and always will. Ryan Gary Fletcher, will you be mine?’

He doesn’t even have to say anything. He pulls me into the most passionate kiss I’ve ever felt while my hands are still gripping at his arms. He wraps his arms round my back and pulls me closer while still kissing me.

 After all that I’ve been through, I’ve finally realised Ryan is the one and always has been.