Chapter 4: Bullied

Raylen

The shrill sound of the lunch bell snaps me out of watching some girl walk down the hallway.

I shove my hands in my pockets, sighing.

Everyone is fucking staring at me. Did the party suck that bad? I thought it was pretty good. I notice my baby sister walking down the hall I'm in, going in the opposite direction, her head down. Her eyebrows are knitted together. Two girls and two guys are following her. One of the guys is Jake.

"I mean, seriously, look at her shoes!" One of the girls giggles. I realize the other one is Megan. Noemie sucks a strand of her dark hair behind her ear and starts walking faster. "She's so ugly!"

"She's so fucking stupid. She's going to die alone." Jake sniggers.

Without thinking, I step in front of my sister. She slams right into me, stumbling slightly. She looks up and has unshed tears in her eyes. I look down at her, and then at the girls behind her.

I may be a dick to my siblings, but they're my siblings. Only I can be mean to them.

"Uh, who the fuck are you two?" I snarl.

"Raylen." Noemie whispers. "Don't."

"Aw!" One of the girls coos. "Is this your boyfriend?"

I look down at my sister.

"Depuis combien de temps cela se passe-t-il?" I ask her harshly. She looks away from me. I asked her how long this has been happening. "Réponds-moi!" I hiss. I told her to answer me.

She sniffles.

"Depuis mon premier jour." She whispers weakly.

Since the first say of school. School started in early August, and it's October 23rd.

This is why she hates Jake.

"Whoa, Raylen!" Jake puts his hand on my shoulder. "Your fucking Mom is hot bro, you think she would have sex with me?"

Ew, what?

"How long have you been pissing on my sister?" I growl, glaring at him.

"What? Oh come on man, you hate your sister."

"No I don't." I snap. "How long?"

He shrugs.

"A few months. Seriously, your Mom is hot...she's kind of a bitch though." Jake eyes my sister thoughtfully. "You know, you look a lot like her. I could just have sex with you." He grabs her arm and starts tugging her.

I shove myself between them and without thinking, I swing, my fist connecting with Jake's jaw.

"Raylen!" Noemie gasps. "Mama and Daddy will kill you!"

"Aww. Mama and Daddy." Jake snickers, his hand on his jaw. "You better text your Mommy and tell her you love her, because I'm going to kill you."

He starts swinging at me.

I duck fast and shoot my leg out, kicking him in the back of the knee. He falls and I start swinging like crazy. I can vaguely hear my baby sister screaming for me to stop. Jake punches me in the jaw and shoves me off of him, and then he punches me in the cheek and I know I'm going to have a black eye. I swing back, jumping to my feet.

"You fucking dick, going at my sister and saying sit about my Mama. If anyone dies here today, it's you, you bastard!"

I swing again, my fist hitting his temple. He stumbles slightly, his nose already bleeding, and reaches out and punches me in the nose. It start gushing blood, and from the corner of my eye I see my sister screaming and crying, her hands over her mouth. The girls and the other guy are standing back laughing.