When we entered, I quietly took off my shoes and plopped face down onto the couch. I know it might've seemed childish but I screamed into the pillow like they did in the movies and found it relieved some anxiety. Finally sitting up, I turned to Ivan and noticed a slightly amused expression as he took in what I had just done.

"Mind explaining what that was" he asked taking a seat beside me. I took this as a chance to place my legs across his lap which he welcomed by rubbing them.

"I never understood why characters in the movies screamed into pillows until now. Turns out, screaming at the top of your lungs really eases your emotions" I explained as I enjoyed his company.

"Well its also a great way to get people to assume you're insane" he joked and I rolled my eyes.

"I prefer the term mentally creative" I admitted causing Ivan to burst into fits of laughter. I joined him moments later and we laughed and laughed until our stomachs ached. I knew for a fact that I looked like a total mess, but in that moment it didn't matter.

We sobered up a few moments later and just stared at each other no doubt both of us looking crazy. Ivan continued to stare at me and I subconsciously fixed my appearance suddenly feeling insecure. He grabbed my hands and pulled me closer to him before giving me a quick peck.

"It amazes me how even though your whole life is falling apart, you still manage to remain optimistic, it's probably my favorite quality about you other than your obvious beauty" Ivan admitted seriously which resulted in my heart swelling in appreciation. I grabbed his shirt and pulled him into me, needing the reassurance I got from being in his embrace.

Our lips fought passionately as we stripped each other bare, relishing the feeling we gave each other. Ivan pulled away momentarily to pull out protection from his pants pocket causing me to giggle cheekily. He captured my lips into his once more and kissed me as if I'd disappear any minute.

Once we finished, we laid beside each other, attempting to catch our breathes as we replayed our intimate encounter. All too soon, my stomach growled embarrassingly loud as I remembered I hadn't eaten much today because of all the drama. I felt Ivan's chest rumble as I tried to hide my intense blush into his chest.

"We better get you some food before the monster inside here eats you whole" Ivan teased getting up to grab his pants that ended up on the coffee table. Ignoring his comment, I remained in the same position, admiring Ivan's back muscles as he walked to the kitchen.

Somehow I ended up dozing off on the couch while Ivan was cooking and woke up to the entire house smelling like heaven. Sitting up abruptly, I grabbed the nearest article of clothing which happened to be Ivan's button up and shrugged it on, clumsily buttoning the shirt.

I followed the scent of food and took a seat at the island as I impatiently waited for the food. Moments later, a plate of hot stir fry was placed in front of me and without a second thought I dug in.

I don't know if it was because of how hungry I was or how great of a cook Ivan was, but I found myself moaning in satisfaction. I looked up to see Ivan watching me weirdly as his plate remained in front of him untouched.

"You know, sometimes I wonder if you're only with me for my cooking" Ivan questioned, finally taking a bite out of his food.

"You're not as dense as they say you are, although it did take you a second to figure that out" I responded, focusing my attention back to him now that my hunger has diminished.

"You should really hire a chef since you love food so much" he further teased.

"Wait, so you're telling me you're not my chef" I faked astonishment.

"I mean, how many chefs make love to you before cooking you a meal" he played along although there was some seriousness in his eyes.

"There was this one chef I had named Chad who really knew how to please a girl, too bad he moved to Ohio before the real fun could begin" I responded applauding myself at my sudden boldness.

"I need Chad's address so that I can remind him that you're mine" Ivan snapped

"Actually, I'm mine" I replied gleefully.

"Amelia" Ivan warned making me giggle at his sudden mood change.

"Has anyone ever told you your moods change faster than a pregnant woman" I asked him still wanting to push his buttons further. In the blink of an eye, I was caged between the counter and Ivan as he gripped my hips tightly.

"Easy there tiger" I giggled enjoying his possessiveness over me. He groaned loudly and I finally decided to drop the teasing.

"You're going to be the death of me mia cara" Ivan muttered swaying us back and forth.

"But you love me right?" I pouted wanting to hear him tell say it. He leaned down and gave me a quick kiss which wiped the pout off my face.

"That I do" he responded sincerely which plastered a huge smile on my face.

After a bit of bickering and a lot of kissing, we finally decided to call it a night. As we snuggled closer to one another, I remembered the encounter I had with the mystery man on the street.

Even though, a large part of me wanted to never speak to my parents again, there was still the small piece that just wanted to be reunited with both her parents. With that thought in mind, I dozed off content and at peace, despite the significant amount of drama that was introduced to my life,

-----------------------------------------------------
This seemed like an appropriate place to stop even though it's a little short. Any guesses on how Amelia's second meeting with her parents will go? Be warned that their will be a plot twist in the next chapter...Make sure you comment, share and vote to let me know if you liked this chapter!!

A.O