"Well, what am I supposed to do?" Dan asked, his voice desperate as he tried to find a solution to this.

  "Do you really like him?" the Higher asked, and Dan was surprised because his voice was soft and not so cold.

  "I......I love him."

  "Then there are only two options, if you want to be with him."

  And Dan already knew what those two options were because he'd been going over them just before he got here.

  Dan could leave the Reapers, or he could have Phil join them.

  "I don't know which one to choose." he said, his throat closing up and his eyes pricking, and damn he was going to cry because he was so frustrated.

  "We can't help you, Daniel. You have to, or you'll never see him again."

  When the hell had they gotten so understand? They were going against their sacred ways, just so he could be happy.

  "Why are you doing this for me?" he asked.

  "We just think it's a good thing, not seeing you so mad at the world anymore." The Higher said, and Jesus Christ, he laughed. This was definitely different and so, so weird.

  "You're dismissed, Daniel." One said, and Dan nodded then turned around and left. He walked out, and saw PJ leaning against the opposite wall. He looked up and hurried over as soon as he saw Dan, his green eyes filled with worry and concern.

  "What happened?" he asked, grabbing Dan's shoulder and shaking him slightly. Dan laughed.

  "Calm down, they didn't eviscerate me or anything."

  "But what did they say? Why are you laughing?!"

  Jeez, he was dramatic.

  "PJ, shut up and I might have a chance to explain." PJ finally let him go, and Dan sighed. They started walking back to Peejs room and Dan filled him in on what had happened between him and the Highers.

  "So, what are you going to do?" PJ asked, after Dan had finished explaining about having to choose what to do with Phil.

  "I have no idea." he replied, sighing and running his fingers through his hair roughly. This was all too much to handle right now, and the stress was really wearing on Dan's nerves. "I don't want to just leave here, leave you and this job. It's kinda the best thing I have right now. But that Reaper ritual is a bitch, and I don't want Phil to go through that."

  "Well, it's really up to him, isn't it?"

  "Yeah...."

  They were silent the rest of the way, both thinking of the mess they were in. PJ felt that he was involved in this just as much as Dan, because it was his best friend. He couldn't just let him go through this alone.

They'd finally arrived at PJs room and he pushed open the door slowly, seeing as Chris was probably still asleep. But there was no need, because as they walked in, they say that Kendall was wide awake, sitting up in PJs bed. He looked up as they opened the door, and smiled at PJ but then blushed when he saw Dan beside him.

  "Well, hello there." Dan said, smirking as Chris's face flushed deeper.

  "Uh, h-hi." he replied, looking down at his lap.

  "I'm Dan, PJs best friend." He held out his hand, which Chris took carefully, and they shook.

  "Yeah, I've, uh, heard a lot about you."

  "Really now?" Dan said, raising his eyebrows at Peej, who rolled his eyes. "Well, I hope you've been treating my PJ right. He's very sensitive."

  "Don't listen to him, Chris, he's a prick." PJ said, and then faced Dan. "Don't you have your own problems to deal with, with your own lover?" he asked. There was an awkward silence as he realized what he'd said, and his face turned red.

  "Interesting...." Dan said, smiling at the two. PJ scoffed at him and pushed him towards the closet, handing him the Portal Key.

  "Just go, you prat." he said. Dan laughed and pushed the key into the door, but didn't go through just yet.

  "Don't dirty the sheets while I'm gone!" he shouted over his shoulder.

  "Dan!" PJ yelled.

  "Okay, I'm going." he said, holding his hands up in surrender.

  He opened the closet door and stepped through, into his living room, which was empty.

  "Phil?" he called out.

  "In here!" Phil shouted, and walked into the living room from the kitchen. Dan hurried over and without any warning, pressed his lips against Phil's. They kissed for a minute, and when Dan pulled away, they were both out of breath. Phil smiled.

  "Well hello to you too." He said.

  "How long was I gone for?" Dan asked. It was a lot darker outside, so he knew it had to be at least a few hours.

  "About two or three hours. I was a bit worried."

  "Don't worry about me."

  They stared at each other, blue eyes colliding with brown, until Phil bit his lip, looking a bit worried.

  "So...... what happened?" he asked. Dan hesitated, because he really didn't want to do this to Phil, but he had no choice if he wanted to be with him.

  "I need to ask you something, Phil. Something important."

                                          *********************

a/n:

  sorry for the cliffhanger, I didn't know how to finish it. Uh, vote and a that.....