Four

He seriously hated this job.

  After lunch, they had gym together, and yeah, Dan got quite a bit of exercise being a Reaper and all, but that didn't mean he wanted to do it for fun. And today, they were running.

  "Can't I just fake an injury or something?" Dan complained to Phil, as they headed to the gymnasium.

  "Dan, it's your first day, I don't think anyone would believe it." Phil replied, laughing. "It's not that bad."

  "Any kind of physical exertion is bad." Dan muttered under his breath. By then, they had reached the gym, and Dan stopped complaining as they went to the boys locker room.

  Since it was Dan's first day, he didn't have the uniform, and he'd had to bring some shorts from home. Him and Phil were the only ones in the room because they had been a bit late.

  Dan glanced over to see if Phil was ready to go yet, and was met with the sight of his naked upper body. Well, his back, since he was facing away from Dan.

  Jesus Christ, that boy really doesn't know how sexy he is, Dan thought.

And it was true. His skin was very pale, but it went well with his dark hair and bright, blue eyes. His back was smooth, not a blemish in sight, and come on, that ass wasn't bad either. He wasn't what most girls, or guys, would go for, but Dan was all over that.

  "You ready, Dan?" Phil said, snapping him back into reality. And Dan was glad, cause his thoughts were starting to veer off into the naughty section.

  "Y-yeah. Let's go." Dan said. He smiled at Phil, who smiled back, and they left to go and join the rest of the class.

                ***************

  "Alright, you know the drill! Stretch those muscles and get to running, 10 laps around the gym!" The gym teacher was a giant, muscly guy, who looked like he would snap your neck if you breathed the wrong way.

  Dan and Phil sat on the sidelines, stretching and trying to hold off on running. This was one thing that Dan had always hated about high schools, gym class and gym teachers, too. They always seemed to be the most strict and mean.

  "Stop wasting time, Lester, and take the new kid with you!" Mr. Jones snapped at them.

  "Let's go, Dan, we don't want to get on his bad side." Phil said, standing up.

  "You mean that's his good side?" Dan said, following Phil onto the floor.

  "Shut up." Phil said, laughing. They started running then, or jogging really. Not even a minute after they had started, Dan was out of breath. He had to be the most out of shape person ever.

  "I can't go on much longer, Phil." he said, his breathing heavy.

  "Christ, Dan, you need to get out more. We haven't even done half of a lap." Phil chuckled. He still stayed beside Dan though, slowing his pace to match Dan's.

  After the second lap, Dan was ready to fall out. His vision was getting blurry and his thighs were throbbing. How the hell did humans do this? He stopped, leaning against the wall and catching his breath. Phil stopped beside him, but Dan just waved him away, telling him to go on. He didn't want to get him in trouble.

  I don't think I'm going to survive this, Dan thought, clutching a stitch in his side. He shook his head and started running again, slowly at first, but then gaining speed. Only eight more to go, Daniel. Come on.

  He saw Phil on the other side of the room, still going. Jesus, he had a lot of stamina. Wonder what he's like in the bedroom...

  Now was not the time. He shook his head and continued, trying to keep a steady pace. He completed his third lap, then another, and another.