Chapter 4

London POV:

I wake up and I am in a dark room. I notice that I am laying on a really soft bed. I haven't been on a soft bed in years...

Then I vaguely remember what happened just hours before. Me running. Then hearing him scream stop. Then passing out. And the black figure lifting me up. Oh shit.

I immediately start to panic when I realize what must have happened.

He found me... again

I look to my left and I see one of his guys standing by the window. "Oh no" is all I can say. Big mistake. He heard me.

I see him turn around to stare at me intently. My heart starts beating; faster than it ever has before. I just want to curl up and die. That's what is going to happen anyways once he takes me back to Rayan's place. His dark figure takes slow strides as he approaches the bed I am sitting on.

"Oh god! Please no! I'm so sorry! Please don't hurt me!" I say as I back up with each word

He lifts his hand and I close my eyes, bracing myself for his hand to make contact with my face. When I don't feel anything, I open my eyes. He reaches out and touches my arm. I can't stop the tears from pouring out of my eyes as I feel the contact of his skin on mine. Just the feeling of his hand on my skin makes me want to vomit. The feeling of his skin on mine brings back memories of all the years of abuse, and I start to cry harder. I feel my tears start to soak the shirt, that I now realize, is not mine.

"How did you find me?" I try to say over my body-shaking sobs.

Then he takes one more step forward and the moonlight hits his face, and I can tell it is not one of Rayan's guys. Well, at least not one that I've seen before. His build is very muscular and his light brown curly hair compliments his face perfectly.

For almost a split second, I forget that I am still in danger of my life as I stare at his features. His tan skin, his plump lips. Everything is perfect. I think he is probably the most beautiful boy I have ever seen in my 16 years of life.

"Are you okay?" he says reaching for me again, and I snap out of my thoughts.

Even though he is being nice, I have to remind myself that this is a trick. This is probably one of Rayan's new guys, so that is why I don't recognize him. He is playing with my mind. Trying to get me to put my guard down so he can attack. But I will not fall into anyones trap. I know I can escape. I just can't go back there. Back there to that place filled with torture and agonizing memories.

"How did Rayan know where to find me?" I asked, ignoring his question.

"Find you? Nobody told me to go find you. I don't even know you. I was taking a walk when I saw you running. It looked like you were running from something" He paused "Or someone" He looked at me. "What were you running from?"

"That's none of your damn business" I snapped

"You can drop the attitude"

"Excuse me?" I said in disbelief

"I just saved your life no more than 2 hours ago, and you are over here talking to me like I'm a piece of shit! You should be happy I saved your ungrateful ass!" He shouted

"I never asked you to do shit for me! I don't know you, and you don't know me. You should have just left me in the damn street!"

"Well Im sorry If I happen to actually be a kind-hearted gentlemen who helps people!" He said, raising his voice

"Help me? Please." I scoffed "How did you help me?! All you did was put my life in more danger than it already is!"

"If you tell me what you're scared of, maybe I could help you." He said as he waited for my response. When I didn't say anything back, he asked me again, "Who or what are you running from?"