Curiosity

Hayley takes in the smell of coffee beans as she steps into the diner. The light streams in from the windows and onto the individual booths. There is a wooden counter with a waitress  wearing a yellow smock  and a white apron standing behind it. Blake walks towards a booth near the windows. Hayley follows her footsteps quietly while looking around the cozy establishment.  They both settle down in the booth and the waitress makes her way to their table.

"Hello and welcome to the diner", she cheerily says as she puts two menus on the table. "I'll give you guys a moment to figure out what you want, so just call me over when you are ready to order." Blake thanks her for the menus and the waitress leaves their table.

Hayley picks up a menu and opens it so it covers her face. She starts to look through what they have, but she couldn't focus. All she could think about about is Blake who is sitting right across from her. She brings the menu right away from her face to catch a glimpse of Blake and meets Blake's gaze to her surprise. Their eyes lock for a moment and Hayley feels her heart nearly stop. She quickly covers her face again to hide the blush that is creeping up on her cheeks.

Blake couldn't help but to stare at Hayley's flustered self. When their eyes locked, she felt her heart beat faster and faster. Hayley's dark brown eyes mesmerized her, she wanted to look into them forever. When Hayley hid her face, Blake covered a smile with her hand. Blake brings her hand closer and gently pulls the menu away, revealing the blush she tried to hide. Blake's eyes widen and she looks away realizing how cute she found Hayley. She takes a deep breath and says, "their hot chocolate is really good, you should order some." Hayley nods slightly confused with the change in atmosphere.

"Oh... okay. I'll also get a blueberry muffin then. Umm, what are you getting?"

"A cappuccino and a chocolate danish? Or maybe a slice of apple pie... What do you think?"

"Apple pie sounds really good. I guess we are ready to order?"

"Yeah. I guess we are.", Blake replied. She called the waitress over and told her their order. They sit in the heavy silence waiting for their food to get to their table.

Hayley looks around the shop trying to avoid Blakes' gaze, but she is too distracted and doesn't really take in any of her surroundings. All she can think about is Blake. Curiosity wins over and she takes a peek at her, but finds that Blake is staring out at the window. She turns around dejected and disappointed wanting attention. She stares at the pattern of the wooden grains on the table and traces them with her finger.

I wonder why Blake even brought me here. She is so...

Hayley takes another look at Blake's profile admiring the way her wavy locks of brown hair framed her face. She feels her heart begin to race and tries to tear her eyes away from Blake. Despite her efforts, all she can do is say, "stunning."

Gravel To Tempo: HayleyXBlakeOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara